cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied for USAA visa BUT so proud of my score!

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

denied for USAA visa BUT so proud of my score!

So I was denied for a second card with USAA-I apped for the visa, I already have the mastercard-and although they denied me because of 'new account' verbiage I have never been prouder than to see my score sitting at an EQ 695 (exactly what myfico said it was).  I know its kind of weird but I am so proud of this denial and the confirm on the score. Breaking the 7s is my goal before Christmas! Totally doable I believe in a short time. Thoughts?  

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: denied for USAA visa BUT so proud of my score!

You should call for recon

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 6
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

I tried. The very hurried rep told me to try again in 3 months and basically I could try every three months. I was like ohhhhhh, um, okay. That seemed like such garbage to me. But I don't know there policies/procedures. Any success stories with USAA recons?? Id love to hear...

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 3 of 6
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Call their excu department .........alread hard inqui so why not to try

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 6
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Typically, USAA does not recon...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Typically, USAA does not recon...

I found that out also the hard way.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.