Not applicable

denied

I got denied for a BOA secure card!!!!! What do I do now.Besides go cry,
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: denied

Don't sweat it! I appd last August with a EX FICO in the mid-500s and was shot down too. However, with hard work, I was approved 3 months later for the 99/500 counter-offer. That card just graduated last month.

Figure out what their gripe is and try tackling it. Also, consider calling for a recon. I've heard several success stories of recons being approved by BofA.

Message 2 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Have you attempted to recon the denial yet? If not, read the sticky thread called Backdoor numbers, find the number listed for BOA, and give one of their senior credit analysts a call. If they deny you, try calling again for a different one.

Please be wary though, as this could result in more hard pulls on EX and TU. 

Here we go again...
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I will try it! Thanks, I will come back and give you an update.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got denied for a BOA secure card!!!!! What do I do now.Besides go cry,

Oh, come on ... you're not going to give up that easily, are you??? LOL, we've been denied BoA what ... about 3 times now?

You just have to grit your teeth and keep improving your score! First things first: you need to find out what your baddies are and post questions about them over on the Rebuilding Your Credit forum.

Like this: I have two medical collections, date of service: 04/07, with ACME Collections as the CA. What do I do?

Then you'll get Fab-o advice and will be able to start cleaning up your CRs and therefore your FICOs. THEN, you can decide, once your CRs are sparkly clean, whether or not to give BoA another chance (which I would do, since BoA is a great CC -- everyone here recommends'em highly)!!

But please don't lose heart! The kind folks here will help you oodles. They helped us bring our scores from LOW, LOW 500s to the mid 600s (s'posed to be high 600s next month when we lower our util).

Four CCs  & 100 FICO points, later, I'm here as living proof that the folks here know what they're doing and can help you!!! 

Message 5 of 16
wmarat
Valued Contributor

1. Try recon.

2. Try local CU

3. Reapply in 3 months.

Good Luck

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

don"t feel bad i just got denied from hd for the third time home depot hates me and i work there...................
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha ha ha ha ha!  What you need to do is get a Lowes card and make sure you apply in store wearing your Home Depot vest. Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 16
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
don"t feel bad i just got denied from hd for the third time home depot hates me and i work there...................

don't feel bad, I used to work for pier1 and couldn't get them to approve me to save my life...and this was long before the "credit crunch"

as a matter of fact...I still don't have their card!

Message 9 of 16
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

HOW ARE THEY GOING TO DENY PEOPLE THAT WORK FOR THEM????

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.