Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dental health cards need $25,000 of work

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dental health cards need $25,000 of work

Www.medicalfinancing.com . Is this company real/legit? I need $25,000 for dental work and they called me and left a message saying im approved for a loan? I've been google about them and hearing nothing but bad things? So trying figure out if its real?
Message 71 of 92
Thorin
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Www.medicalfinancing.com . Is this company real/legit? I need $25,000 for dental work and they called me and left a message saying im approved for a loan? I've been google about them and hearing nothing but bad things? So trying figure out if its real?

When I go to google and type "medicalfinancing.com", the second listing is "medicalfinancing.com complaints".  I wouldn't trust them.

Your best best would probably be go to a university and get as much work done as you can afford at a time.  

If it's $18,500 of work at the "best dentist in St Louis", it'll probably cost you around $10,000 at a dental school and you'll be doubly supervised (both by a trained student who doesn't want to make mistakes and a seasoned professional who doesn't want his student to make mistakes).  Get the most necessary work done first to save your teeth, even if it means them not looking great for a couple months.

Leave the $7500 cosmetic stuff (veneers and whatnot) for when the necessary work is completed.

Also, SHOP AROUND, SHOP AROUND, SHOP AROUND. If you don't feel comfortable going to a dental school, at least get a couple of opinions on how much it would cost to get the work done.  

Message 72 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry if I come off as rude, but you're repeating the same thing over and over, even when people have said that there's no legitimate lender that's going to give you $25k with your credit profile, and that spending that much money that you don't have is a bad idea.

You know your credit is not good enough to get $25k from a responsible/legitimate creditor and you Googled that company and there's nothing but negative comments about them. You already know it's a bad idea without asking anyone else.

Message 73 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not asking the same question over!! I was asking if anyone used are knew anything about medicalfinancing.com. There's no no to be ignorant. If you don't want to help me then just simply don't respond geez
Message 74 of 92
castlefox
Regular Contributor

I would atleast call back as see what kind of terms that company is willing to lend you (APR, monthly payment amount, etc).

**dont give them personal informaiton if you dont trust them**

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 75 of 92
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Im not asking the same question over!! I was asking if anyone used are knew anything about medicalfinancing.com. There's no no to be ignorant. If you don't want to help me then just simply don't respond geez

Another thought: the dentist who quoted you $25K for dental work might have a different definition of "needed" work, as in he/she is thinking of adding on a family room or getting a new bass boat, and he/she needs a bump in the cash flow. Smiley Wink

I would definitely get a second and even a third opinion. If nothing else, you might be able to get work done to restore your function (remove cavities, allow you to eat, etc.), and then later on get the cosmetic restorative work done.

I'm not dismissing the appearance angle, because that can be very important, but sometimes you just have to do things in stages.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 76 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that I have a written statement he is not trying to "rip me off"! I've said plenty of times $10,000 of it is cosmetic. But im trying to figure out about medicalfiancing.com. I've already read you guys saying to get a 3rd opinion
Message 77 of 92
dharalex
Established Contributor

At this point, my suggestion would be to make your own decision based on your research of this company.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 78 of 92
FrugalRican
Blogger

My credit card debt is mostly because of dental work and my poor ability of doing my dental plan homework at the time.

Two root canals and two crowns plus some additional work cost me just about $6,000 overall... WITH a dental plan.

I haven't read the full thread, but I assume your job doesn't have dental then?

And how old are you, btw? (Just personal curiousity.)

And the veneers? I'd say forget that, for now.

If you are taking in 2K a month and have pretty much no bills, you could save enough for that in about 7 to 8 months.

And that medicalfinancing... SHADY.

Doesn't your dentist have a way to refer you to a payment plan as well?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 79 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im 25. N no dental plans at work no. Why is this company shady i don't understand ? How would I get ripped off? There giving me the loan not vice versa. Veneers are last thing im worried about. I want to be able eat for without pain! Its pretty bad. I wait to much longer I wont have ne back teeth. Why im pushing the matter
Message 80 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.