Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dental health cards need $25,000 of work

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dental health cards need $25,000 of work

He never said I had to get them. He just offered up if im going to pay/invest 18,000 to fix all my teeth that actually need work. I mite as well pay the 7,000 to fix my front teeth as well. Get everything done. Do you guys think since he is a cosmetic dentist I should jus get the veneers done by him. And try to get all the other work done somewhere else do you think I will save $$150-200 this way?
Message 31 of 92
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Have you checked your area for any "dental schools".  I have known people who have had a lot of needed work done at a dental school for a very fair price.  The students are trained by fully accredited dentists.  Just another thought you might want to consider. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 32 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want people working on my teeth that don't know what there doing when I am forking out thousands of dollers on my hard earned money. Id rather have a actually professional are dental office do the work. Just trying to figure out my best options
Message 33 of 92
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

You're best option is to do what you can afford to.  If that means doing them one or two at a time, that's what you do.  It sounds like your front teeth are in good shape, so you don't need the veneers.

You're not going to get approved for $25k.  You're best bet is try to get $1000-$1500 from CareCredit and doing them one at a time and then paying it off and moving on to the next set.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 34 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do need the venners but hetting them last. I'm going to try and call them i guess and see what is the most amount i can get if any?

Message 35 of 92
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

that just seems like alot of dentel work. and do try a dentel school. they do have dr.s overlooking the students....my mom went to one and had about 5k of work done for under 1k

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 36 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a lot of work I know! But it has to be done are i wouldnt ask.

Message 37 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't want people working on my teeth that don't know what there doing when I am forking out thousands of dollers on my hard earned money. Id rather have a actually professional are dental office do the work. Just trying to figure out my best options

You won't pay nearly as much if a dental student does the work.  Not to mention if it's an actual dental student (as opposed to someone who just finished school), there will be an "actual professional" overseeing the entire procedure.

Do what you can afford.

Message 38 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need major work done. 7 crowns. Rather have someone with experenice working on my teeth if im going to be forking out thousands of dollers

Message 39 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I need major work done. 7 crowns. Rather have someone with experenice working on my teeth if im going to be forking out thousands of dollers

Ok.  Keep in mind that you are going to be paying a lot more than $25k if you don't pay in cash.  You can probably get the work done by a dental student for less than half.

Message 40 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.