cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did i do something stupid, the rest of the story.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

did i do something stupid, the rest of the story.

many may recall my recent boa excursion from the sleigh center (i'm still in solitary for that stunt).

short recap. i hit the pre-approval link about 2 months ago (after being declined 3 times in the last 2 years by cold apping them), and came back w/an offer for 1.5k. i was given hvt, extra meds, and nurse ratched as my personal icu attendant and didn't app.

shortly after the offer expired i was bummed that it wasn't replaced or extended. hoever, about a week after it expired a new offer showed for 5k. well nurse ratched was putting down a inmate, er patient uprising and i had just enough time to app the offer.

well a week goes by and i called very often and was told i was approved for 1k, just beacuse i had a pre-approval. i asked if i could at least get the 5k i was offered and the underwriter even pulled tu and seemed like he was having a bad day. i got no where w/him and a hard on tu for playing.

so i have been stalking the mail box whenever possible and the card comes today (boa amex, clear like the delta, w/boa marking instead (love it!)). anyway i flip the card over instead of activating it. csr asks what i needed. i say how about a larger cl to take advantage of the 0 percent for 12 monts the card comes with. he takes all my info (not sure if it was yet another pull. two daily pullers and i have so little self control i alredy used them) and says the system is telling him to forward me to an underwriter. i'm thinking been down this road.

underwriter comes on, asks what i needed i explain about the 0 percent. she says well what would you like. i say at 0 percent for a year i'll transfer my mortgage, she got a good laugh out of that. i then say well nat city has me at 12k, citi just cli'd me to 10k and i have a cu visa at 10k. she says well we do like to match limits. she asks me to hold, (seems like 4-5 minutes) then comes back and says congrats you have been approved for a new cl of 12k!!!!!!!

4th time was the charm.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: did i do something stupid, the rest of the story.

You've got to be kidding me!

Denied for 5K but approved for 12K! Smiley Tongue

Congrats, ducky!  An awesome ending to the BofA / preapproval / CLI saga!

BTW, didn't know the BofA Amex was transparent like the Delta!  Now I want it even more.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-08-2008 01:51 PM
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am stunned. even though the underwriter said congrats i still called the automated number to verify.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

So I guess the answer to your original question is no you didn't do something stupid!
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaybee wrote:
Congrats!!

So I guess the answer to your original question is no you didn't do something stupid!

guess i'll not waste money on those lotto tix, i think i've used all my luck up.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy mollie ducky! Wow, and double wow!

Good negotiations! WTG! Smiley Happy

I love reading stories like this.
Message 6 of 13
orl2185
Established Contributor

dnm45227 wrote:
i am stunned. even though the underwriter said congrats i still called the automated number to verify.

YES!!!!!! Great job Ducky..... Super Duper Congrats Go Out To You. Being persistent does pay off in the long runSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 13
bb1000
New Contributor

Sweet! Wish BOA liked me as much!
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome Ducky !! - Way to Go !!!  
Message 9 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

ducky, ducky, ducky, you just wear me out. But HUGE congratulations!!! You have slayed the BofA dragon.

I'm trying to visualize mail call at the Sleigh Center. All those patients in their slippers and bathrobes, pushing and shoving, dragging their IV poles, slapping each other with their leg bags, climbing over one another in hopes of finding an envelope with some sort of hard plastic rectangle inside! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.