cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.

Hi guys..!!

I just got my chase freedom visa signature card in the mail with a CL of 7k. I'm so happy.

Actually me and my wife we have a joint chase checking and savings account, we went to the local branch other day for some reason and the agent told us that we both are pre approved for this card we gave it a shot and both approved instantly she got 5k and i 7k.

But she got chase freedom platinum visa ang i got this one.

My question is whats the difference between both cards ?

I do know that in the past visa signature did'nt use to report CL but from this year i guess they do report i'm sure coz my brother has one and it's reporting now.

Other than that whats the difference and which one is better ?

btw i don't know my scores but this is my second highest CL after citi simplicity 9k which i got last december.

One more good news for me that discover student more finally increased my  CL from 1k to 2k and i received a letter from them later for 4k but they lady said when i called, its too early to get another increase.

Please suggest about chase cards.

Regards.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys..!!

I just got my chase freedom visa signature card in the mail with a CL of 7k. I'm so happy.

Actually me and my wife we have a joint chase checking and savings account, we went to the local branch other day for some reason and the agent told us that we both are pre approved for this card we gave it a shot and both approved instantly she got 5k and i 7k.

I do know that in the past visa signature did'nt use to report CL but from this year i guess they do report i'm sure coz my brother has one and it's reporting now.

btw i don't know my scores but this is my second highest CL after citi simplicity 9k which i got last december.

One more good news for me that discover student more finally increased my  CL from 1k to 2k and i received a letter from them later for 4k but they lady said when i called, its too early to get another increase.

Regards.

visa siggy starts at 5k.....visa goes up to$4999.99

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 13
FrugalRican
Blogger

VISA Signature has some rockin' concierge services.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

VISA Signature has some rockin' concierge services.

YM(most certainly)V

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys..!!

Regards.

While Visa Signatures require a minimum line of $5,000, Visa Platinums can also be issued with lines of $5,000 or higher.  My mother has a Bank of America Visa Platinum that last I knew was around $10,000 credit limit.

Message 5 of 13
daveg38
Established Contributor

I'd like both.  The difference is that I have neither (yet - waiting on docs to pass through for final approval).

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 6 of 13
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

The difference between the two versions is that the visa signature allows you to charge over and above your revolving credit line that they gave you. If your limit is 7500, you could charge 10k (hypothetically) in a month and there shoild not be an issue. However you can only revolve up to your revolving limit. That means anything over and above 7500 in this example would be due by your next payment due date, but if you wanted to, you could let the 7500 revolve from month to month.

I am making this sound to hard. It is like having a visa credit card and a visa charge card in one.

They do report the revolving credit limit to the credit agencies just like any other card, but call it, at least on my reports, a flexible spending account.
Message 7 of 13
boomhower
Valued Contributor

The Siggy is by far the better card, it has some very nice perks to it.

Message 8 of 13
bribro
Valued Contributor

I was recently approved for a Freedom card with a $3k limit, which I immediately had bumped to $15k via a SP CLI over the phone. After waiting 2 weeks for the card to arrive in the mail (and agonizing every time I went to buy groceries, knowing I was missing out on that 5%) I called a CSR to see what's up. She said I should have received it by now, apologized and said she would overnight another card.

While on the phone I took the chance to confirm whether or not my card was a Visa Signature and after putting me on hold to check she said no. I asked if I could be converted to a Signature version and she said it wouldn't be possible until a year has passed. Oh well. Not a big deal since my CSP is a Signature card. I wonder how they determine who gets Signature and who doesn't...

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 9 of 13
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys..!!

Regards.

While Visa Signatures require a minimum line of $5,000, Visa Platinums can also be issued with lines of $5,000 or higher.  My mother has a Bank of America Visa Platinum that last I knew was around $10,000 credit limit.

I have a few Visa Platnium cards with Lower limits from Citi and Capital One so I don't think platnium is as high as Singature

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.