Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 53
Registered: ‎08-14-2010
0

difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.

Hi guys..!!

I just got my chase freedom visa signature card in the mail with a CL of 7k. I'm so happy.

Actually me and my wife we have a joint chase checking and savings account, we went to the local branch other day for some reason and the agent told us that we both are pre approved for this card we gave it a shot and both approved instantly she got 5k and i 7k.

But she got chase freedom platinum visa ang i got this one.

My question is whats the difference between both cards ?

I do know that in the past visa signature did'nt use to report CL but from this year i guess they do report i'm sure coz my brother has one and it's reporting now.

Other than that whats the difference and which one is better ?

btw i don't know my scores but this is my second highest CL after citi simplicity 9k which i got last december.

One more good news for me that discover student more finally increased my  CL from 1k to 2k and i received a letter from them later for 4k but they lady said when i called, its too early to get another increase.

Please suggest about chase cards.

Regards.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,179
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Re: difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.


a4aseph wrote:

Hi guys..!!

I just got my chase freedom visa signature card in the mail with a CL of 7k. I'm so happy.

Actually me and my wife we have a joint chase checking and savings account, we went to the local branch other day for some reason and the agent told us that we both are pre approved for this card we gave it a shot and both approved instantly she got 5k and i 7k.

But she got chase freedom platinum visa ang i got this one.

My question is whats the difference between both cards ?

I do know that in the past visa signature did'nt use to report CL but from this year i guess they do report i'm sure coz my brother has one and it's reporting now.

Other than that whats the difference and which one is better ?

btw i don't know my scores but this is my second highest CL after citi simplicity 9k which i got last december.

One more good news for me that discover student more finally increased my  CL from 1k to 2k and i received a letter from them later for 4k but they lady said when i called, its too early to get another increase.

Please suggest about chase cards.

Regards.


visa siggy starts at 5k.....visa goes up to$4999.99


In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Blogger
Posts: 2,876
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Re: difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.

VISA Signature has some rockin' concierge services.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com


EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Established Contributor
Posts: 1,275
Registered: ‎12-02-2010
0

Re: difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.


FrugalRican wrote:

VISA Signature has some rockin' concierge services.


YM(most certainly)V

Established Contributor
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎02-15-2012
0

Re: difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.


afbar1114 wrote:

a4aseph wrote:

Hi guys..!!

I just got my chase freedom visa signature card in the mail with a CL of 7k. I'm so happy.

Actually me and my wife we have a joint chase checking and savings account, we went to the local branch other day for some reason and the agent told us that we both are pre approved for this card we gave it a shot and both approved instantly she got 5k and i 7k.

But she got chase freedom platinum visa ang i got this one.

My question is whats the difference between both cards ?

I do know that in the past visa signature did'nt use to report CL but from this year i guess they do report i'm sure coz my brother has one and it's reporting now.

Other than that whats the difference and which one is better ?

btw i don't know my scores but this is my second highest CL after citi simplicity 9k which i got last december.

One more good news for me that discover student more finally increased my  CL from 1k to 2k and i received a letter from them later for 4k but they lady said when i called, its too early to get another increase.

Please suggest about chase cards.

Regards.


visa siggy starts at 5k.....visa goes up to$4999.99


While Visa Signatures require a minimum line of $5,000, Visa Platinums can also be issued with lines of $5,000 or higher.  My mother has a Bank of America Visa Platinum that last I knew was around $10,000 credit limit.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Regular Contributor
Posts: 223
Registered: ‎01-01-2012
0

Re: difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.

I'd like both.  The difference is that I have neither (yet - waiting on docs to pass through for final approval).

Established Contributor
Posts: 500
Registered: ‎05-11-2007
0

Re: difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.

[ Edited ]
The difference between the two versions is that the visa signature allows you to charge over and above your revolving credit line that they gave you. If your limit is 7500, you could charge 10k (hypothetically) in a month and there shoild not be an issue. However you can only revolve up to your revolving limit. That means anything over and above 7500 in this example would be due by your next payment due date, but if you wanted to, you could let the 7500 revolve from month to month.

I am making this sound to hard. It is like having a visa credit card and a visa charge card in one.

They do report the revolving credit limit to the credit agencies just like any other card, but call it, at least on my reports, a flexible spending account.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,863
Registered: ‎09-20-2011
0

Re: difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.

The Siggy is by far the better card, it has some very nice perks to it.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.

I was recently approved for a Freedom card with a $3k limit, which I immediately had bumped to $15k via a SP CLI over the phone. After waiting 2 weeks for the card to arrive in the mail (and agonizing every time I went to buy groceries, knowing I was missing out on that 5%) I called a CSR to see what's up. She said I should have received it by now, apologized and said she would overnight another card.

 

While on the phone I took the chance to confirm whether or not my card was a Visa Signature and after putting me on hold to check she said no. I asked if I could be converted to a Signature version and she said it wouldn't be possible until a year has passed. Oh well. Not a big deal since my CSP is a Signature card. I wonder how they determine who gets Signature and who doesn't...

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,528
Registered: ‎01-19-2009
0

Re: difference between chase freedom visa and chase freedom visa signature.


Koop10010 wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:

a4aseph wrote:

Hi guys..!!

I just got my chase freedom visa signature card in the mail with a CL of 7k. I'm so happy.

Actually me and my wife we have a joint chase checking and savings account, we went to the local branch other day for some reason and the agent told us that we both are pre approved for this card we gave it a shot and both approved instantly she got 5k and i 7k.

But she got chase freedom platinum visa ang i got this one.

My question is whats the difference between both cards ?

I do know that in the past visa signature did'nt use to report CL but from this year i guess they do report i'm sure coz my brother has one and it's reporting now.

Other than that whats the difference and which one is better ?

btw i don't know my scores but this is my second highest CL after citi simplicity 9k which i got last december.

One more good news for me that discover student more finally increased my  CL from 1k to 2k and i received a letter from them later for 4k but they lady said when i called, its too early to get another increase.

Please suggest about chase cards.

Regards.


visa siggy starts at 5k.....visa goes up to$4999.99


While Visa Signatures require a minimum line of $5,000, Visa Platinums can also be issued with lines of $5,000 or higher.  My mother has a Bank of America Visa Platinum that last I knew was around $10,000 credit limit.


I have a few Visa Platnium cards with Lower limits from Citi and Capital One so I don't think platnium is as high as Singature

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.