Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different cards by same company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

different cards by same company

I'm looking at wells fargo's site (as they pull eq in CO) and there are about 3 million different cards to choose from. the question is, is a denial on one a denial on all? I would like to apply for the one with the best rate/CL, and if get denied work my way down. Anyone have any advice/suggestions here? Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: different cards by same company

mindwas wrote:
I'm looking at wells fargo's site (as they pull eq in CO) and there are about 3 million different cards to choose from. the question is, is a denial on one a denial on all? I would like to apply for the one with the best rate/CL, and if get denied work my way down. Anyone have any advice/suggestions here? Thanks!

The thing is, nobody can tell for sure how the auto comp system at WF does in approval/denial.. I would guess if you know your credit score range, go for the card advertised for that. I.E. Dont apply for the "best" if you dont have the "best" history.

I dont think denial on one means denial on all.. for example Amex blue will decline most less than 700 but when they apply for delta with 610 they get approved.

Different banks work differently. So no way to really tell what WF will do. Call and ask a credit analyst they probably can offer deeper insight into which card you are most likely to get approved for.. I did this with Citi 2 years ago (couldnt make up my mind!)
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: different cards by same company

Have you considered checking with Wells Fargo Financial?

WellsFargoFinancial.com

They're still part of Wells Fargo, but I think more lenient for apps.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.