Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover - apple pay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

discover - apple pay

i am still quite surprised that discover does not use apple pay. are there any cards that you use on a frequent basis that are not an apple pay or google wallet?
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Re: discover - apple pay

Discover will work with Apple pay beginning next month FYI. Also yes I use my BJ's perks card and orbitz visa a bit and commenity is not on there last I tried.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info. the discover lady didn't know lol
Message 3 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Jeff532003 wrote:
Discover will work with Apple pay beginning next month FYI. Also yes I use my BJ's perks card and orbitz visa a bit and commenity is not on there last I tried.

Not surprised since Comenity by and large doesn't even have chip yet. Not that I really care much, but it seems a bit suprising they seem to be still mailing out brand new cards without a chip. Target is one retailer who recently started "enforcing" chip: if your card has a chip, the register makes you use it, not swipe. With this being the case, you'd think every issuer would get on the ball with chip. Anyway, this thread is about Apple Pay, not chip, but yeah, Comenity needs to step it up.

Message 4 of 36
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

@Jeff532003 wrote:

BJ's card will also work with Apple Pay beginning next month.  It is considered a "store card" (despite the MC) and will be one of the first store cards to use Apple Pay (others are Kohl's and JCP).

Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read somewhere it was just that discover had a previous contract with some company like PayPal, they were waiting out the clock so they could be available on Apple pay

Message 6 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Apple Pay?   How very 2014!    New bestest thing ever is Samsung Pay, starting next month.

Message 7 of 36
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Again, best. Is highly subjective.  Samsung's a nonstarter for me at the moment.  Of course, YMMV.  Apple's certainly a nonstarter for many as well.

Message 8 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Again, best. Is highly subjective.  Samsung's a nonstarter for me at the moment.  Of course, YMMV.  Apple's certainly a nonstarter for many as well.

While "best" is highly subjective, "bestest thing ever" isn't, as it is not a serious evaluation at all.

Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol. i am impartial to either but i just want my darn cards on it
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.