cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover blacklist confirmed or busted?

tag
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Re: discover blacklist confirmed or busted?

@swpopham wrote:

on hold

Suspense killing me Lol

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 21 of 39
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

on hold

Suspense killing me Lol

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 39
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Hahaha

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 23 of 39
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Please keep us updated... inquiring minds want to know!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 24 of 39
swpopham
Established Contributor

well hell, she is telling me my file is frozen!! I logged on and checked and she said nope its frozen.... I said mam no its not nither eq or tu is... she said I dunno maybe it will take a few days to unfreeze, mam its not frozen.. Oh well I guess thats a sign to give up with out getting HPed

Even told her i missed them!

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 25 of 39
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Talk to supervisor?

Message 26 of 39
swpopham
Established Contributor

Ill do some more checking and call back in a few.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 27 of 39
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

well hell, she is telling me my file is frozen!! I logged on and checked and she said nope its frozen.... I said mam no its not nither eq or tu is... she said I dunno maybe it will take a few days to unfreeze, mam its not frozen.. Oh well I guess thats a sign to give up with out getting HPed

Even told her i missed them!

Smiley Very Happy

Try a different CSR!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 39
swpopham
Established Contributor

alright alright, back on the phone! im not a quitter. This isnt AA

Message 29 of 39
enharu
Super Contributor

Check with any credit monitoring service just to double check it is indeed not frozen.

If it isn't, and they're claiming it is, tell them you can fax over copies of your reports to clear up the misunderstanding. 

Try calling a few times over the next few days as well and see if someone else is more willing to assist you further I suppose.

Just curious regarding your lawsuit, did you sue them to have all the fees removed, or did you sue them for a lot more than what they charged u?

For example hypotethically, discover wrongfully charged u 1000 dollars, but in return you tried to sue them back for 1000 plus 1 million in damages (punitive, psychological, and all that other bs).

If your attorney had tried to sue discover for all kinds of ridiculous punitive damages and what not, discover might have just banned u, regardless of how much you were awarded in the end, because to them you're flagged as high risk. I am not saying you are in the wrong for anything at all, but sometimes the way your attorney handled things might have rubbed them in a very bad way, even when the law is on your side. Some lawyers give an extremely high (and ridiculous) high ball at the start, just so they will reach a middle ground for settlement, which the amount is what they wanted all along.

Even if this doesn't go through, other banking institutions offer same if not better benefits, so you have nothing to lose really. If they don't want your business, so be it. I am sure other prime banks will want it.

Best of luck!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.