Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover double pull?

tag
tjones9234
Contributor

discover double pull?

has this happened to anyone else? I have never heard of discover doing this.. I got hit on EX and EQ

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Re: discover double pull?

They generally hit EQ for new accounts and TU for clis. Some reported TU hit for new accts as well. Never heard they hit EX. 

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover also pulled EX and EQ for me. Wasnt thrilled about it but at least it resulted in approval and wasnt a waste
Message 3 of 14
tjones9234
Contributor

must be a new thing for them, your scores are similar to mine as well..

Message 4 of 14
uswala
Senior Contributor

They pulled EX for me as well in July 2013. For my wife they pulled all 3 in Nov 2013, suprisingly with 2 pulls from EX on same day.

Message 5 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Any creditor can perform multiple pulls -- especially in cases where one's credit is borderline.

Message 6 of 14
newhis
Valued Contributor

According to CK Discover pulled TU 2 times the same day for my DW Discover IT app. She will request her TU report to see if this is correct.

They pulled TU and EQ for me, regular Discover IT.

Message 7 of 14
uswala
Senior Contributor

@newhis wrote:

According to CK Discover pulled TU 2 times the same day for my DW Discover IT app. She will request her TU report to see if this is correct.

They pulled TU and EQ for me, regular Discover IT.

They pulled EX twice on same day for my wife when she applied. Later they pulled TU twice when she asked CLI few months later!!

Message 8 of 14
tjones9234
Contributor

why do they need EX two times, thats criminal

Message 9 of 14
Yodah
Regular Contributor

Discover pulled Exp from me instant approval .....But Barclay pulled TU one day and Exp the next..... I was approved.

Called and spoke with someone at Barclay and was told the second pull was to decide the CL...

Discover did it with one pull and was approved for the same amount as Barclay....go figure...

Barclay is already reporting and increased my Exp from 691 to 701

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.