cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover extra cash back?

Blogger

Re: discover extra cash back?


afbar1114 wrote:
How can you buy something that day and it post at same time?

If you were more experienced, you would buy an electronic gift card, which should be delivered instantly, then reedem the gift card later for the merchandise you desired.

 

Discover Cash is worth more than the face value, since you could redeem it for discounted gift cards at their partner merchants. A statement credit is the least you can do.

Message 21 of 32
Contributor

Re: discover extra cash back?


HiLine wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:
How can you buy something that day and it post at same time?

If you were more experienced, you would buy an electronic gift card, which should be delivered instantly, then reedem the gift card later for the merchandise you desired.

 

Discover Cash is worth more than the face value, since you could redeem it for discounted gift cards at their partner merchants. A statement credit is the least you can do.


I've looked at them but haven't seen one I'm interested In at All, and I though about selling the codes but  I would probably end up being the same as a statement credit.

 

 

 I also use it on amazon.com when I have a couple of extra dollars left over.

 

 I use it smart by letting It get me more cash back

 

For example, I was thinking about buying a nexus 7 but money is a little tight and I wanted the higher end one.

 

So I saved up $50 in cash back from last quarter and bought a $250 tablet this quarter, so I get %7 cash back on $250 and can afford it since I'll be getting a $50 statement credit.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 22 of 32
Blogger

Re: discover extra cash back?

Sorry to hear that you're not interested in Discover's partner merchants. But once in a while a one-time great offer pops up, and some Discover card users have been hoarding cash back rewards in waiting for the next one. Your use of the cash back is already smart anyway, you don't have to go all the way to make the maximum value of the rewards; there are just some reward chasers that are very experienced in this. 

Message 23 of 32
Blogger

Re: discover extra cash back?

EDIT: For calendar stupidity.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com


EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 24 of 32
Frequent Contributor

Re: discover extra cash back?

Unless my calendar is wrong, the 26th is a Friday..I'm more into the ShopDiscover this quarter...the 5% for online shopping, and my usual stores (Clinique, Children's Place, etc) are offering an additional 5% if you go thru ShopDiscover. Did all my 3 year old's cold weather shopping last night, and will get just over $20 cash back from that.


Starting Score: 492 02/12
Current Score: TU: 668 (FICO), EQ: 668 (FICO). EX: 651(lender pull 9/27/12)
Goal Score: 660



Message 25 of 32
Contributor

Re: discover extra cash back?


HiLine wrote:

Sorry to hear that you're not interested in Discover's partner merchants. But once in a while a one-time great offer pops up, and some Discover card users have been hoarding cash back rewards in waiting for the next one. Your use of the cash back is already smart anyway, you don't have to go all the way to make the maximum value of the rewards; there are just some reward chasers that are very experienced in this. 


Its interesting,

Discover has this view thing to see what kind of cash back people are geting per state.

Says someone cashed in $7k cash back!

 

Man lol, can't image having that much saved up.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 26 of 32
Valued Contributor

Re: discover extra cash back?

i saw somewhere between $8-$9k i think in CA or NY 


In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Message 27 of 32
Contributor

Re: discover extra cash back?


afbar1114 wrote:

i saw somewhere between $8-$9k i think in CA or NY 


Dang!

Most of that would ahve to be from 1% cash back, or maybe they've been saving maxed out  5% cash back for the past 100 years lol.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 28 of 32
Valued Contributor

Re: discover extra cash back?

or they do alot of online shoping 


In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Message 29 of 32
Contributor

Re: discover extra cash back?

Wish I had that much money to spend.

 

 

So any big purchase plans this friday?

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 30 of 32