Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover hp

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

discover hp

A little frustrated at Discover, my oldest card with 5 years history. Asked for a credit increase. Scores at the bottom are current. I was told my credit available is sufficient and to many inq's....was car shopping and ended up not going that route. They did offer a $500 increase, but it was at the expense of a HP, which they did. I didn't think my credit limits are out of line for that length of history.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Re: discover hp

Would I have a better chance of a limit in line with my BOA card, if I were to close my BCE and reapply for another Amex, such as BCP? I have permission to use a personal card for work expenses when traveling, hotels, airfare etc.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow your question. You could let it lay and come back in a few months and give it another shot. Is a recon possible?
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Listen to what they are telling you... Inquiries are the real reason for the low CLI.. I would not be going to BoA which will definately be a HP to increase. While we all may think our profiles are inline and we deserve the CLI or new acccount that is not how it works in the real world. Try again in 6 months and have no inquiries in that period of time. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

The thing is, after Discover, I approached BOA last week, and the lady had no issues increasing the card, took less then 5 minutes after explaining the inquiries and the associated increase in income on my part. Just looking for a card more in line with my monthly spending, week long hotel's and short notice airfare every other week adds up quick.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@revvystoke wrote:

The thing is, after Discover, I approached BOA last week, and the lady had no issues increasing the card, took less then 5 minutes after explaining the inquiries and the associated increase in income on my part. Just looking for a card more in line with my monthly spending, week long hotel's and short notice airfare every other week adds up quick.

Ok, personally I would not be putting an employers business expenses on my personal card, they are for personal use only, your CC TOS should tell you this. Repeatedly doing this could result in AA from the issuing bank. I would be putting all business expenses on the companies CC....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.