cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover it card

tag
Vols-5610

discover it card

ok so last month I attempted to get Discover it card, thought i was pre approved from mail offer, when i went online and applied I was denied credit card. Today I was just looking around on preapproved Discover site and put in my info: automaticaly pops up that Ive been pre approved, now Im not sure if I should try due to recent decline or just hold off for few more months. I was dinged from the inquiry on my credit score by 10 points and I am currently in rebuild mode, so not sure if I should pull the trigger.  Any advice welcome. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: discover it card

I personally would wait till 3 months elapse from time of last app.

Message 2 of 8
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Vols-5610 wrote:

ok so last month I attempted to get Discover it card, thought i was pre approved from mail offer, when i went online and applied I was denied credit card. Today I was just looking around on preapproved Discover site and put in my info: automaticaly pops up that Ive been pre approved, now Im not sure if I should try due to recent decline or just hold off for few more months. I was dinged from the inquiry on my credit score by 10 points and I am currently in rebuild mode, so not sure if I should pull the trigger.  Any advice welcome. Thanks!

Welcome to myFICO. I would definitely wait...it's only been a month since your last denial. More stats would help people assist you further, such as AAoA, inquiries, other cards, CL's, derogatories, etc. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 8
Vols-5610

well I do have credit one card since dec 2013 its already went up to 550 without my asking, and capital one credit card at 300, credit one has no balance and capital one only 24 dollars. These are first credit cards Ive had in over 10 years. average age is 6 years, have 1 pending collection account that CA is suppose to be deleting just been waiting for them to update, been over 30 days now, inquiries 6 on EQ and 3 on other 2.  I have been really wanting the Discover it card because of the credit scores and wanting higher limit. when they sent denial letter score from them was 674.

Message 4 of 8
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Vols-5610 wrote:

well I do have credit one card since dec 2013 its already went up to 550 without my asking, and capital one credit card at 300, credit one has no balance and capital one only 24 dollars. These are first credit cards Ive had in over 10 years. average age is 6 years, have 1 pending collection account that CA is suppose to be deleting just been waiting for them to update, been over 30 days now, inquiries 6 on EQ and 3 on other 2.  I have been really wanting the Discover it card because of the credit scores and wanting higher limit. when they sent denial letter score from them was 674.

you need to wait for CA  to be deleted and updated .........then re-apply in 30 days

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Wade64 wrote:

@Vols-5610 wrote:

you need to wait for CA  to be deleted and updated .........then re-apply in 30 days

I would suggest more like 6 months to show history. Discover can be willing to accept new files but are a little tougher on those rebuilding. 

Message 6 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

+1
Message 7 of 8
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

+2

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.