Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: discover it

Yes but my Chapter 13 BK was dismissed, not discharged. That's the worst kind so I want that gone before applying for anything.
Message 11 of 22
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Disco does a pre-approval this way:

11.xx%-23.xx% = marketing

3% spread = likely approval

solid apr listed = highly likely approval

This sort of thing is an all around guide for most pre-qual pages with a variety of lenders.  The narrower the spread the better the chances.  

Message 12 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

This sort of thing is an all around guide for most pre-qual pages with a variety of lenders.  The narrower the spread the better the chances.  

And I have seen a 10.24 (no thats not a typo) which is lower than their posted ranges.... on a Discover pre-approval mailer....

And still a bit **bleep** didn't you app to the family member who recieved it....

-J

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

I've been getting bombarded with Discover It mail offers lately, and the APR's offered have been pretty solid (23.49%, which is admittedly high but better than my Capital One cards and Amazon line). So I decided to check the pre-approval site and got the "We found a personalized offer for you" and the same APR, no spread, plus a 0% APR offer for the first 14 months on purchases.  I guess that means I'm very likely to be approved if I apply...?

Message 14 of 22
tscrutch
Established Member

It sounds to me like you have a very high chance of being approved.  That's very similar to the offer I was given when I applied and approved.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tscrutch wrote:

It sounds to me like you have a very high chance of being approved.  That's very similar to the offer I was given when I applied and approved.

Took the plunge just now and BOOM! Instant approval, $2500 credit line! Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@tscrutch wrote:

Took the plunge just now and BOOM! Instant approval, $2500 credit line! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats! Welcome to Discover. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I will say that all the good things overall that I've been reading about Discover It were a factor in my getting this card - interestingly, in 30+ years of using credit, this will be the first Discover card I've ever had!

Message 18 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice, got the same sl on my first DiscoverSmiley Happy Good thing in a year you should be able to request Apr reduction, i sure know i willSmiley Wink.

Welcome to the Discover fam and dont forget your myFico fam will have your backSmiley Happy
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice, got the same sl on my first DiscoverSmiley Happy Good thing in a year you should be able to request Apr reduction, i sure know i willSmiley Wink.

Welcome to the Discover fam and dont forget your myFico fam will have your backSmiley Happy

Thanks again. When I said I was being "bombarded" with Discover It offers in the mail, I wasn't exaggerating by much - I just went back and checked my USPS Informed Delivery digests for the past month and I counted at least 5, maybe 6, Discover It offers that had been sent to me via snail mail since February 21 (inclusive). I don't think I've ever gotten that many preapproved offers in such a short space of time from a card issuer, even Capital One or Credit One; Discover must REALLY have wanted my business. That, or their offer-generating computer got stuck and kept cranking out letters over and over and over. Smiley LOL

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.