Reply
Valued Contributor
chnceit
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: discover new account reporting


kevinjjc wrote:

Discover is notorious for sometimes taking a few statements to report a new account. YMMV


This is true and also when you get a CLI they skip a couple months to update because I was approved for a CLI in Dec and it still hasnt updated. 


$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Frequent Contributor
newportguy
Posts: 351
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: discover new account reporting

[ Edited ]

I got my IT card on Jan 7th and the first due date is March 4th. So i have no idea when mine will report... HAPPY HAPPY the longer the better :smileyvery-happy:


Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,961
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: discover new account reporting


newportguy wrote:

I got my IT card on Jan 7th and the first due date is March 4th. So i have no idea when mine will report... HAPPY HAPPY the longer the better :smileyvery-happy:


Wow! I got my It card on Jan 20 and my first statement cut yesterday. my second statement is due on March 4th

Frequent Contributor
newportguy
Posts: 351
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: discover new account reporting


09Lexie wrote:

newportguy wrote:

I got my IT card on Jan 7th and the first due date is March 4th. So i have no idea when mine will report... HAPPY HAPPY the longer the better :smileyvery-happy:


Wow! I got my It card on Jan 20 and my first statement cut yesterday. my second statement is due on March 4th


They did change my due date last week from Feb16th to March 4th by my request!!! I told them i wanted my due date around the 3rd of each month and they gave me the 4th of March.

U all know you can change your due date if you don't like the one you have!!


Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,961
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: discover new account reporting


newportguy wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

newportguy wrote:

I got my IT card on Jan 7th and the first due date is March 4th. So i have no idea when mine will report... HAPPY HAPPY the longer the better :smileyvery-happy:


Wow! I got my It card on Jan 20 and my first statement cut yesterday. my second statement is due on March 4th


They did change my due date last week from Feb16th to March 4th by my request!!! I told them i wanted my due date around the 3rd of each month and they gave me the 4th of March.

U all know you can change your due date if you don't like the one you have!!


Oh, that explains it! And yeah, they asked when I activated my card if that date would work. 

Valued Contributor
kevinjjc
Posts: 1,331
Registered: ‎01-14-2009
0

Re: discover new account reporting


chnceit wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

Discover is notorious for sometimes taking a few statements to report a new account. YMMV


This is true and also when you get a CLI they skip a couple months to update because I was approved for a CLI in Dec and it still hasnt updated. 


Yeah, same here. My CLI request was approved on 12/25/2012, went from 10k to 15k, the 1/24/2013 statement did not report.

 

My Discover More card is scheduled to convert to the Discover it card on my next statement of 2/24/2013. I wonder if this will also cause it to not report again.

Valued Contributor
kevinjjc
Posts: 1,331
Registered: ‎01-14-2009
0

Re: discover new account reporting


tennisfan78 wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

tennisfan78 wrote:

for me it says, the statement date is jan 4, 13


I predict your new Discover card account will start reporting in Feb 2013.


Update: Discover finally started reporing after 2nd statement. 

 

Excellent prediction Kevinjjc !!!


Woohoo!!! :smileyvery-happy: :smileylol: Maybe I should play the lotto now! :smileylol:

Valued Contributor
Gunnar419
Posts: 1,158
Registered: ‎01-23-2013
0

Re: discover new account reporting

Does anybody have any insight into why Discover fails to report after a CLI? I've noticed this, too. Happens every time they give me one. Since they otherwise report like clockwork, I can't figure out the thinking behind this.

 

Okay, I know it's an act of futility to try to figure out the thinking of anybody or anything in the credit world. Still, I wonder. Anybody?

Established Contributor
tennisfan78
Posts: 630
Registered: ‎09-18-2011
0

Re: discover new account reporting


kevinjjc wrote:

tennisfan78 wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

tennisfan78 wrote:

for me it says, the statement date is jan 4, 13


I predict your new Discover card account will start reporting in Feb 2013.


Update: Discover finally started reporing after 2nd statement. 

 

Excellent prediction Kevinjjc !!!


Woohoo!!! :smileyvery-happy: :smileylol: Maybe I should play the lotto now! :smileylol:


I think you definitely should give it a shot!!!! :smileylol:

 


Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
chnceit
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: discover new account reporting


Gunnar419 wrote:

Does anybody have any insight into why Discover fails to report after a CLI? I've noticed this, too. Happens every time they give me one. Since they otherwise report like clockwork, I can't figure out the thinking behind this.

 

Okay, I know it's an act of futility to try to figure out the thinking of anybody or anything in the credit world. Still, I wonder. Anybody?


Yes multiple card members as well as myself have this problem. I got a CLI in December and its February and it still didnt update


$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}