Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover online shopping for iphone

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

discover online shopping for iphone

I have an question about discover 5% online shopping this quarter. I know you can't get 5% thru apple store via shopdiscover, but does the 5% online shopping count for buying an iphone ? 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: discover online shopping for iphone

As long as you purchase it through Apple.  If you buy it through your carrier's website then it wont count.

@mongstradamus wrote:

I have an question about discover 5% online shopping this quarter. I know you can't get 5% thru apple store via shopdiscover, but does the 5% online shopping count for buying an iphone ? 

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

as long as you go through shopdiscover and purchase from apple.com, you'll get cashback reward for online shopping and shopping from apple.com, when I asked discover service rep, she told me that every online shopping counts this quater.

Message 3 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

as long as you go through shopdiscover and purchase from apple.com, you'll get cashback reward for online shopping and shopping from apple.com, when I asked discover service rep, she told me that every online shopping counts this quater.

ok looks like i may do that , mom wants iphone 6, her 5s is too small she says :-). Just for record not using amex for warranty extension because i use my garbage WF card to pay cell phone bill, so we get free cell phone insurance :-)

Message 4 of 24
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not 100% sure but many point bloggers mentioned that shopdiscover through apple specificlly excluded iphones. 

Message 5 of 24
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not 100% sure but many point bloggers mentioned that shopdiscover through apple specificlly excluded iphones. 

It was posted here as well, but I'm not sure whether it's true. We've not had people post if they've had positive or negative experiences with it. I'm sure someone's bought one with their Discover by now.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

well I just looked up shop discover, and I can see that they didn't list iphone, but it didn't say offer not valid on iphone either, may be it was preorder that didn't get cashback?

Shop the Apple Store for the iPad, MacBook Family, iPod and Apple TV, plus the latest curated accessories for your favorite Apple device. Enjoy free shipping on every order over $50 and earn 5% Cashback Bonus from ShopDiscover when you shop at the Apple Store.

• Offer not valid on pre-order or pre-sale merchandise, iTunes, Apple One to One Membership, Bose products, Apple in-store tutorial services, Gift wrap, gift card, gift certificates, shipping, taxes, or other service fees
  • Offer not valid on pre-order or pre-sale merchandise
  • Offer only valid on US orders through Apple Store (U.S.)
  • Offer is not valid in combination with any offers found outside ShopDiscover
  • Must link to retailer site from the ShopDiscover Web page found at Discovercard.com and use your Discover Card for each transaction
  • Offer is subject to change, including termination, without notice
  • Cashback Bonus will only be rewarded to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product
  • Merchants may change their prices at any time; Cashback Bonus is calculated on the merchant site price if different from what is seen on ShopDiscover
  • The promotional Cashback Bonus will be applied to your account within 8 weeks after the order has shipped
Message 7 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

i know using shopdiscover to apple store they won't allow you for 5% discount, but since shopping online you automatically get 5% cashback i am wondering if you can get 5% that way. I was thinking since you aren't actually going thru shopdiscover that you still may be able to get the 5%. 

Message 8 of 24
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ok looks like i may do that , mom wants iphone 6, her 5s is too small she says :-). Just for record not using amex for warranty extension because i use my garbage WF card to pay cell phone bill, so we get free cell phone insurance :-)

FYI Discover has warranty extension too.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 9 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI Discover has warranty extension too.

I heard that it was thru 3rd party not actually discover can you verify that ? 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.