Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover recon??

tag
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

discover recon??

I called backdoor# and asked reason for denial was told because of unpaid charge off and late on auto loan, didn't know what to say so I just said than you and hung up.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: discover recon??

Can you elaborate more regarding your credit profile? 

Message 2 of 6
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

4 paid car loans last late was three years ago. 2 charge off 1 paid one balance of 600 both due to fall of in July and afni collection due to fall off March(fall of dates are from annual credit report) only credit cats reporting is secured cap one 200 limit. just got cash rewards nfcu but don't know when that will start reporting.
Message 3 of 6
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

sorry don't know how to edit post
Message 4 of 6
firstladyd
Contributor

Try explaining your situation.  The late is very old. Had a hard time,  Collections you didnt know any better and learned from mistakes. Paid one , the other you feel is not correct.  All derogs are years old. Point out you have a good trade line no lates on time payment.  Tell them you heard they are a good company to build with. That you would like to be given opp to be a loyal customer as you are just starting to build your revolving trade lines. Tell them you want to take advantage of rewards and make discover your go to card for all your purchases.  And if you have to BEG. Tell them that given the opp to build relationship will never be forgotten and will be a loyal good customer for vary long time.  Whatever you got to say, honey fight for it.  I myself am preparing to beg for a chance in the am.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@dabolts_619 wrote:
4 paid car loans last late was three years ago. 2 charge off 1 paid one balance of 600 both due to fall of in July and afni collection due to fall off March(fall of dates are from annual credit report) only credit cats reporting is secured cap one 200 limit. just got cash rewards nfcu but don't know when that will start reporting.

Np- to edit, go to options the upper corner of the post you wish to edit.  Once selected, you can drop down to edit reply -your post will 're- open' allowing you to make changes. Close as usual. 

So, let me get this straight ; lates on your car loan from 3 years ago; 30,60, or 90 day lates? you have 2 COs and 1 pd CA still on your report. Your current cc is Cap1 with a $200 limit - when was opened? and a cc with NFCU- limit unknown. 

What are your FICO's? Do you know your cc limit with NFCU? Utilz? AAOA? Inq? 

Just off the top of my head- I think you should have waited until July for all of your baddies to fall off plus that would give your score time to increase assuming that you keep your util down and have no more baddies.  

Your chances for approval will increase once you can demonstrate positive payment history of 6 mos or more.  You are on the right track. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.