Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover reduced limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: discover reduced limit

I am not sure why but Discover just gave me a CLI.  I use it but I always pay before statement closing.  maybe they want people to pay full until things get better.
Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: discover reduced limit

@Anonymous wrote:

So am I understanding this correctly - they reduced your CL to lower than your current balance? Did this result in any fees being charged? If that's the case and they won't reverse that I would PIF as soon as possible and close the account. That is simply not acceptable.

What bothers me the most is the attitude on this board like we the consumers have to walk on egg shells and get shafted repeatedly and it's somehow our faults. When someone reports a CLD our collective attitudes immediately turn to what he or she did wrong like too high of a balance, not paying more than the minimum, carrying any balance, not carrying balance, etc, etc, etc.

What's going on is NOT OUR FAULT! Discover issued a certain CL to solidusEE and is now punishing him for using it? The only common thread I see in these posts is there is no rhyme or reason to these banks actions associated with a particular member's actions.

Most of the recommendations I see assume one thing - that the CCC is trying to be fair and the customer somehow has done something wrong to anger the CCC. I just don't see it. Discover, Amex, BOA, Citi are not being fair, they don't care about you, their decision to CLD and RJ your CCs is not based on your actions - it's based on THEIR greedy missteps.

My comment to solidusEE is I don't think there is anything you could've done to prevent this because this decision to punish you is not based on your behavior.  

well said.

also, count me in with the minority here who think it's outrageous to drop someone's credit limit below what they currently owe.

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.