Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disgusted with discover!!! help...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: disgusted with discover!!! help...

@Anonymous wrote:

well, the first issue is you're relying on other peoples' CLI success to dictate your own. that will lead nowhere but to disappointment. secondly, if you had that much of a credit issue where they barely approved you and you had to go with the $99/500 with BofA then that tells me you have plenty of blemishes on your report and shouldn't be expecting hand outs yet.

as i have stated before: this site spoils people sometimes

you need to just continue using and paying and let bygones be bygones

/thread

Message 41 of 49
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Be happy you got discover. I think discover hates me. I have cards from capital one chase Barclay and Amex and some other store card with lowest limit being 1000 and highest being 25k and I still can't get discover 

Maybe they are just trying to avoid ticking you off.  A person with $25k cards who gets handed a $1500 Discover starting limit is likely to come here and whine about how "stingy" Discover is.  Bad publicity, you understand.

Message 42 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joltdude, we can't just go around giving empathy to everyone and mollycoddling over everything. If people really want help then we need to be honest and help. Not say "awww I am so sorry you don't get what you want"
Message 43 of 49
Involver
Valued Contributor

At least they're not trying to pull payments from your account when you don't have the funds to cover it.

The nerve.

Message 44 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had a problem, personally

Message 45 of 49
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I'm replying to the original post. If I had a person emailing me about a CLI on a $500 approval I would have just told them to go elsewhere. Discover howes you nothing. You're obviously a risk or don't spend enough. 

Why do people get so upset when they don't have $30k lines? There is obviously something wrong with your credit if you got the absolute bare minimum. 

Edit: I was originally approved for $1k and 3+ years later I'm at $27k. Maybe give it time. 

Message 46 of 49
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@dk2003 wrote:
I love how "entitled" is being used so loosely here. This has been MY experience. I'm ok with going through the motions, if you will, with them if I have to. As I mentioned previously of my experience with other cards... I've stayed the course and they've grown with me as I hope this one will.
The majority of what I've done over the past 3 years has been a direct result of what I've found HERE.
I can be disgusted with them.... that much I am ENTITLED to Smiley Happy
I have given the extent of what I can on my profile. I have nothing to add nor anything to take away! I am also aware that underwriting is different for each company.
I'm simply stating that my experience has not been what other have had with the regular increases (and I don't exactly expect it to be). Perhaps I should have ended it with "help" lol... I can see where that can make this go horribly awry.
Addressing the issues... I get that, and doing so has gotten me to where I am now with credit (please see my above reply) and nowhere with them.
I think perhaps, some of us.... tend to forget that we all started somewhere and for many it was not at a 27k limit with discover, you grew to that, so there had to have been something in YOUR PROFILES that kept you from that to start out with.
Aside from the very straightforward and obviously bias remarks, the information that you guys have provided is worthy of note Smiley Happy

And I think everyone is simply stating your disgust has no foundation. 

Message 47 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's deja-vu for me. I too started with bofa cash secured and discover. I was given 500$ SL by discocer. It's been 2.5 years since , discover is still stuck at 3500$ . All other cards have 10k+ credit limits . everytime I ask for a CLI to discover , they give me 500 raise. Even after all this , I like my discover card , service and there apps are brilliant.
Message 48 of 49
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

I've never had issues with discover.  But Cap one?  thats something else entirely.  Discover just gave me a raise (I didn't hit the love button, it was an organic raise) and its my third since I had the card and I'm still in 0% land.  I have nothing bad on my credit profile, I make excellent salary thats close to 6 figures, yet Cap one keeps me at 3500.  I killed off one of my cards with them because they refused to move it past 900 dollars.

Amex sent me  the 50K points offer on the plat card but I can't  do it yet...gotta wait.    And there's other cards that are throwing themselves at me with low APR after 0% phase.

So it may not be you, and may not even be your credit profile.  like I said, mine is extremely clean, nothing bad, Utl is excellent.  It may just be them.

When I'm done with the whole mortage thing, Cap one will be replaced with something that will do something for me.

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.