cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do CCC hate it when tou get a cash advance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

do CCC hate it when tou get a cash advance?

i got a cash advance from my target visa, next thing i know, my CL is decreased!! i carryied a high balance, but do they like it when you get a cash advance or not?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: do CCC hate it when tou get a cash advance?

carrying high balances and taking cash advances are just two of several potential AA/CLD triggers in current climate.  sorry you found out the hard way...as you may know, the only way for you to pay off the cash advance immediately is to PIF since they will apply any partial payments to lower interest debt first.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash advances are viewed as risky by most lenders, even if they entice you into taking one, because it is usually a sign that you do not have enough liquid assets to take care of your everyday expenses. Unless their is a great promo, cash advance rates are offer higher than your purchase APR, painting you as desparate and possibly in financial trouble in the eyes of many account reviewers.

Message 3 of 10
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Yes they do hate cash advances. It can lead to AA.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a love & hate thing.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
i got a cash advance from my target visa, next thing i know, my CL is decreased!! i carryied a high balance, but do they like it when you get a cash advance or not?

Yea cash advances are a big no no...I also found that out the hard way. My wife did a $300.00 cash advance through my Best Buy M/C and the second she did it hsbc CLD me from $2500. to $1206. The silly thing is she didnt need the cash she said she forgot her citibank pin and she didnt know the diffrence in cards.

Ol well not that i needed that much credit anyway RIGHT....

Message 6 of 10
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Then why offer it if they don't want you to use it?  That's insane?  Is there any circumstance under which the creditors would think a cash advance is okay? 

Geez...

11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 7 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

bcnu176 wrote:

If you have an Amex account, I wouldn't take a cash advance from one of your other creditors.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@almost_there wrote:

Then why offer it if they don't want you to use it?  That's insane?  Is there any circumstance under which the creditors would think a cash advance is okay? 

Geez...

I agree 100% with ya...I asked best buy (HSBC) the same question.

POINTLESS................

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@almost_there wrote:

Geez...

I agree 100% with ya...I asked best buy (HSBC) the same question.

POINTLESS................

I agree too, but can also see why it would say to them 'this person doesn't have any money!' and might make them a bit nervous. In the case of AmEx, EVERYTHING makes them nervous, but really... cash advances don't tend to be a good deal and would indicate your checking account is, at best, empty. Cash advances tend to come with higher interest rates (horribly high, usually) and don't earn you any rewards... but if you're a good customer with a good history with the CCC, and don't seem to be maxed out all over the place and apparently withdrawing cash to live on, a cash advance needn't necessarily mean 'this customer must be in financial trouble'. I think the only time I'd risk a cash advance would be, say, in the unlikely event that I had a wallet stolen on vacation with my debit card in it, but had a credit card back at my hotel... or something. Even then, I'd call the CCC first to give them the heads-up and do my best to reassure them that the cash advance wasn't the result of impending destitution...
 Sorry about the CLD - that sucks. Smiley Sad 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.