cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do CRAs automatically send out updated CRs??

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

do CRAs automatically send out updated CRs??

quick question. do CRAs automatically send out updated CRs or do I have to request it? I just had some huge leaps in scoring and want to make sure i get the most card for my buck Smiley Wink Appreciate any advice...

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: do CRAs automatically send out updated CRs??

Hi, beautybrainsbooty!

IMO, if a better card is all you're looking for, just let the CRA's keep with their own schedules.  Some are slower than others (TU, for example), but that shouldn't rock the boat for you at all.

In fact, if I was you, I'd actually wait for a while to do anything else with your credit card portfolio.  I'd wait to see what offers come in the mailbox.

If you were apping a mortgage, then an expedited rescore would be appropriate.

Good luck with everything, BBB!  Love the screen name, by the way!

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

awwww thanks UboUpay!!.. like how i cut your name off?? Smiley Wink

so heres my question to you. because I have followed the forum advice although conflicting at times;I have opted out of everything.  do you think this will this affect the offers that I will get? I am so excited about the progress!! maybe im a myfico junkie lol Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:

awwww thanks UboUpay!!.. like how i cut your name off?? Smiley Wink

so heres my question to you. because I have followed the forum advice although conflicting at times;I have opted out of everything.  do you think this will this affect the offers that I will get? I am so excited about the progress!! maybe im a myfico junkie lol Smiley Wink

Lets see if Im following:

1. You recently fixed lots of things and want to know if you apply to a bank if they will get the credit report reflecting those great changes?  Could take anywhere from 1-60 days for a credit report to be fully updated depending on bank or collection agency etc. that you fixed stuff with... Id recommend pulling either TU or EQ here if it has been that long to make sure nothing is still lingering and also go into applying knowing your score and know who to hit first and who to wait for.

2. As far as opting OUT, You will not get any pre-approvals by mail, and you will not be able to do any ones pre-approvals online (i.e. Discover, Capital One, Express, etc.)

If you want knew cards and hope banks offer them to you, you need to opt IN which can also take several months to get all updated again.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.