cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do you need a fidelity account to have the fidelity amex?

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

do you need a fidelity account to have the fidelity amex?

cant seem to find the answer, I want the card due to the 2% on all transactions but would like to know, does it have to be redeemed into a fidelity acct. or can I direct it to my checking acct at BOA?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: do you need a fidelity account to have the fidelity amex?

@slap_happy wrote:

cant seem to find the answer, I want the card due to the 2% on all transactions but would like to know, does it have to be redeemed into a fidelity acct. or can I direct it to my checking acct at BOA?

no you don't need it.

if you are redeeming it as a check, it has to be $250 worth of rewards for it to be really worth 2% cashback, I think.

If you are redeeming it to a fidelity account then minimum is just $25 or 50.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

cant seem to find the answer

Where are you doing your research?  Terms and conditions are generally a good place to look:

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=VABNWU#b

A cash reward shall be issued for a U.S. dollar sum in the form of a check or an electronic deposit to a checking or savings account of your choice. 
Message 3 of 7
NotUsher
Contributor

Well yes and no...you caaaaaan, but it makes the rewards less valuable.

imagebam.com

Message 4 of 7
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@NotUsher wrote:

Well yes and no...you caaaaaan, but it makes the rewards less valuable.

imagebam.com

wow, thanks guys, so it seems its not really worth it unless you have a fidelity account, seems like it would be worth it just to open a basic fidelity account just for the card.

Message 5 of 7
NotUsher
Contributor

The cash management account is basically a free checking account without ATM fees. I have a Roth IRA through Fidelity, so having an extra account with them wasn't a big deal at all. Worth it in my book.

Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@NotUsher wrote:

The cash management account is basically a free checking account without ATM fees. I have a Roth IRA through Fidelity, so having an extra account with them wasn't a big deal at all. Worth it in my book.

+1

I have the CMA and I'd agree it's worth it. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.