Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does AMEX backdating affect reporting?

tag
cakebuilder
New Contributor

does AMEX backdating affect reporting?

I opened AMEX BCP 2 months ago and promptly backdated to a couple of years back. is this the reason why it has yet to report to the CBs?

.......$23k....................$8k......................$2k

Current FICO EQ: 775, EX: 764 | Current FAKO CK: 788

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shock
Established Contributor

Re: does AMEX backdating affect reporting?

Not sure why, but they take up to a couple months to report. My BCE just reported three days ago and my open date was Feb 1st 2014.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@cakebuilder wrote:

I opened AMEX BCP 2 months ago and promptly backdated to a couple of years back. is this the reason why it has yet to report to the CBs?

Not at all. It's not unusual for Amex to report after two billing cycles

Message 3 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@cakebuilder wrote:

Not at all. It's not unusual for Amex to report after two billing cycles

This. lol Some people have freakishly had it report quickly, but for the most part it's always like 1-2 sometimes even 3 cycles.

Message 4 of 9
Marcos8
Established Contributor

It's just how Amex is. My BCP from the first week of October didn't report until January.

Message 5 of 9
BigBS
Senior Contributor

My Gold Delta SkyMiles was opened in Feb and just starting reporting earlier this week.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 6 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@cakebuilder wrote:

Yup, as others have said, it does take a while. It can also be sporadic between bureaus.  My BCP that I got last month is showing up on CreditKarma. AND the power of backdating became evident to me with the addition of 13 months of longevity added to my report (backdated to 1991).  Now, rather than being at 5years 9months for AAofA, I'm at 6 years 10 months!   Just wish AMEX could have found my account back to 1976 when I got my first card!

Message 7 of 9
cakebuilder
New Contributor

@thom02099: I find it odd that I rec'd my BCP in FEB and it does NOT show for me in credit karma but it does for you?

.......$23k....................$8k......................$2k

Current FICO EQ: 775, EX: 764 | Current FAKO CK: 788

Message 8 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@cakebuilder wrote:

@thom02099: I find it odd that I rec'd my BCP in FEB and it does NOT show for me in credit karma but it does for you?

Yup, I checked CK today, it was there.  Last week when I checked, it wasn't.  Go figure! Smiley Surprised

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.