Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone have the hilton h honors card by city

tag
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

does anyone have the hilton h honors card by city

i got preapporval for this card i have a daimond hilton card which is why i think they sent me the preapporval does anyone have this card are the benefits good

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: does anyone have the hilton h honors card by city

There are two cards, Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature and Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve. Signature has no AF. Reserve carries a $95 AF and somewhat better rewards. Whether either of them are useful to you depends on the extent of your patronage of Hilton Hotels. I have the Signature card and am quite pleased with it.

You can read about both of them here:

https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/hilton-hhonors-visa-signature-card/

https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/hilton-hhonors-reserve-card/

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 2 of 7
Voodard
Contributor

Slight correction to Elcid89's post.

One is called the Hilton HHonors Visa Signature, the other (and newer) is called the Hilton HHonors Reserve Card.

If you maintain Diamond status annually already, you do not need this card. The benefits aren't worth it for you. Best to save your credit pull for the Starwood Card.
TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 3 of 7
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I have 2 of the Citi HHH Siggy cards and the Reserve card.  The reserve card gets you 2 free weekend nights after you spend $2500 in 4 months and continuous gold status as long as you have the card (and 2 free stays on the anniversary of the card after a spending threshold but I can't remember what that is).  The Citi HHH Siggy cards I honestly got for the sign-up bonuses but you do get points for every dollar you spend:

6 HHonors Bonus Points per $1

spent on hotel stays within Hilton Worldwide portfolio 

3 HHonors Bonus Points per $1

spent at supermarkets, drugstores & gas stations 

2 HHonors Bonus Points per $1

spent on all other purchases2 

^^^

copy and pasted that because I couldn't remember and there is no annual fee.  You do earn more points with the Amex Surpass though (but here's an annual free).

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
Voodard
Contributor

OP:  Just remember that HHonors points are not worth as much as a Chase Ultimate Rewards or Citibank ThankYou point.  Seeing point/$ ratios in the previous post can be a little misleading.  Don't get me wrong the HHonors points themselves are great, IF you're going to keep them with Hilton and not try to do anything else with them.

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 5 of 7
remarc
Regular Contributor

I just got a email with a offer to apply for the Amex Hilton hhonors credit card.

Is that offer a pre approval or just a random offer?
Message 6 of 7
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@remarc wrote:
I just got a email with a offer to apply for the Amex Hilton hhonors credit card.

Is that offer a pre approval or just a random offer?

The Amex based emails are for Honors or Surpass AMEX cards. I get those b/c I stay at Hiltons often and I am in the hotels HH club. My utilization should be down new 1% in a few more days, then I'll putt for the AMEX Surpass card. I also got an AMEX back date to 98 through my business cards so my hope is that when I app for the AMEX surpass my overall AAoA will skyrocket helping my Fico to rise as well. Looking to app for the Citic Honors reserve after I see the effects of the backdaing. I got a mail pre-approval for that card last month. Just wanted to get my personal FICO score built as high as possible before apping for the Citi Reserve version.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.