cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone know what credit score I need to get a capital one card or capital one loan?

tag
serenity72
New Contributor

does anyone know what credit score I need to get a capital one card or capital one loan?

I am thinking about getting a capital one card and or capital one loan. Does anyone know what credit score you need for them and what CR do they usually pull? TY
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

Re: does anyone know what credit score I need to get a capital one card or capital one loan?

they pulled all three of mine.
Message 2 of 13
serenity72
New Contributor

Re: does anyone know what credit score I need to get a capital one card or capital one loan?

Thank you! do you mind me asking what your credit scores are?
Message 3 of 13
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

it's not hard to get credit with them, about 640, but they approve people with less of a score. what are your scores?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe a 350? Joking!

I got approved when my scores were mid-high 500s.

Why would you want a Cap1 card? What are your scores? There are better CCCs that will give cards to imperfect scores.

Cap1 is horrible.
Message 5 of 13
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

yes i do hate capital one!!!!!
Message 6 of 13
serenity72
New Contributor

ty the only reason im thinking of cap one is for there fertility healthcare loan. I am not sure what score you need for them for a loan or a card, but I want to get my foot in the door with them so if I cant get approved for the fertility care right now I could maybee work up to it with a card through them. My experian score is 527, eq 498, and transion 478
Message 7 of 13
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

ouch that is very low. maybe a secured card to build up your credit first hun.
Message 8 of 13
serenity72
New Contributor

ty does cap one have a secured card? I already have one but was trying to get something from them Ty
Message 9 of 13
golfmomfor3
New Contributor

If I had a 640, Capital One would be the last one I'd apply for!  Capital One is very firm and inflexible if you ever ask for ANYTHING!  With my past experience, I would just use them as a transition card but have a long term budget plan for using them to your advantage then balance transfer.  This is what I am working on now - my main goal is to have the opportunity to tell them why accounts are paying off in full - their lack of customer care and unwillingness to bend!  I had 3 months (out of 24) on a C.O. healthcare acct (braces) that I paid on 29th or 30th day and was told during phone pay that this would be safe from reporting as late - not the case and when researched my bank acct and phone pay days, disputed with them over and over, refused to budge.  They took pmt on one day, but reported day posted.  They THINK that they have us by the b...s, but will show them otherwise soon!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.