cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone know what credit score I need to get a capital one card or capital one loan?

Frequent Contributor

Re: does anyone know what credit score I need to get a capital one card or capital one loan?

serenity72 wrote:
ty the only reason im thinking of cap one is for there fertility healthcare loan. I am not sure what score you need for them for a loan or a card, but I want to get my foot in the door with them so if I cant get approved for the fertility care right now I could maybee work up to it with a card through them. My experian score is 527, eq 498, and transion 478

Have you tried to repair your credit before applying for loans and credit cards?
Established Contributor

Re: does anyone know what credit score I need to get a capital one card or capital one loan?

If you can possibly get another card, other than CAP1, I would advise it.. Unless you want a card that is darn near impossible to get a CLI. I have three I got way back when, that I will be cancelling when the annual fees are due again next year. maybe sooner. Just paranoid about closing cards.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I have to agree. Capital was the first card I applied for when I was 18, it was my mother's suggestion, and they are very difficult. I've always paid my bill in full, never missed a paymemt or paid late, yet when I tried to increase my credit limit one time, I was automatically denied. They did increase later on, but most card companies would have increased my CL.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724