cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does bank of america backdate new cards?

tag
in0wh3r3ul1v3
New Contributor

does bank of america backdate new cards?

i hope i understand the term "backdate" correctly. i currently have a Humane Society Visa from BofA. the account was opened in 06/2008 and my card says "cardholder since '08".

as of april bofa imposed a $59 AF, and though i kept a high balance, i had never missed a payment, breached my limit, been granted a CLI or anything... i'm a student, so i need a credit card and i kept the account open. i was approved for AMEX Zync a few days ago, and plan on making that my main card, but i'd still like to have a VISA in case i need credit AND/OR a business doesn't take AMEX.

i'd like to stick with Bofa because i have my deposit accounts them. my question is: if i do a product change to, say, the bankamerica cash rewards visa, will the new card also say "cardholder since 08"? i am optimistic because of the phrasing "cardholder," but i can't find any info about this.

thanks in advance.

Macy's Red Star - $5100 (1/2010)
AMEX Everyday - $9000 (1/2011 Backdated)
AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL
Chase Amazon Prime - $8900 (11/2011)
Lowe's/SYNCB - $6500 (7/2014)
J. Crew/CB - $3500 (2/2015)
Target REDcard - $500 (11/2015)
Citi AAdvantage - $4000 (6/2016)
Chase United MileagePlus - $5000 (2/2017)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: does bank of america backdate new cards?

I believe only Amex backdates new accounts to dates the first account was opened. Being a product change may differ though if the same TL and account number are used. I'm sure a veteran will chime in with some help soon.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: does bank of america backdate new cards?

If you do a product change, yes it will have the 08 date on it. If you apply for a completely new card it will not.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.