Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does bank of america credit card good?any advice

tag
kaysss

Re: does bank of america credit card good?any advice

thanks again

i use my new BT CARD to help my sister,so do you think this is the best time to apply new card(rewards, low interest) then close the HI card?if yes .... capital one or BOA which one better?i already applied two chase and citi yesterday

Message 11 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Transfer your balances you cannot pay outright to the new cards, which I assume have somewhat lower APR % or are offering a 0% balance transfer promotion (you will still probably pay balance transfer fees).  Then work to pay down your cards that you transferred the balances to.   If you don't want any new purchases on these balance transfer cards, just use one of your old cards, spending only what you can afford, and pay the balance in full each month so that you don't get charged any interest.

When you get the balances down on your cards that you are using to balance transfer and cannot afford to complete pay right now, then you will have a better credit rating and will be able to get better cards with better rewards. 

Most of the members here don't even look at interest when applying for cards, because we spend what we can afford and pay our balances in full.... resulting in 0 interest regardless of the interest rate.   So applying for a new card because you think you can get a better interest rate sounds like you are going to be putting yourself further in debt by buying things that you cannot afford to pay for at the end of the month.... which could result in you struggling to rebuild your credit sooner than you realize.

If its the rewards you are after, find a rewards card that you think would benefit you.  The BoA Cash Rewards works for a lot of people.  I would pick that over Capital One.  It is not low-interest.   Low interest is a card from a credit union, such as my SDFCU card, which has 8.9% APR (they go lower than that... thats what I got because my credit rating isn't perfect).  But, as I said, interest is not a good reason to be looking for credit cards as it is a sign that you are going to be putting yourself in a situation where you are spending outside your means.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 12 of 13
kaysss

thank you very much

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.