cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does cap1 raise the limits on Secured Cards??

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

does cap1 raise the limits on Secured Cards??

better half has a secured card with them, she did the pay 50 get 200, well she got a $100 increase and its now $300, I was wondering (since they dont want to PC her to a QS) can she call them and ask them to raise her secured limit card to 1k or 2k without getting a hard pull??? has anyone had them raise a secured card that much before with only  a soft pull?

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: does cap1 raise the limits on Secured Cards??

@ac921ol wrote:

better half has a secured card with them, she did the pay 50 get 200, well she got a $100 increase and its now $300, I was wondering (since they dont want to PC her to a QS) can she call them and ask them to raise her secured limit card to 1k or 2k without getting a hard pull??? has anyone had them raise a secured card that much before with only  a soft pull?

you can't call regular captal one... you always end upw ith "peggy"

Send an email to EO office... I will private you that now.

send your name, contact number and ask for product change to quicksilver, waive annual fee and cli to $2k... they will call and go over things and ask if they will accept less cli.

Message 2 of 8
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

You can try. I have requested it once a month. I now have 400 limit with my secured 49 for 200. Capital One increased it 150 for my 50 extra increase.  Every month I am told to apply for another card. no PC nothing. I have had the card for almost 2 years. We push alot thru it and PIF every month. One month I figured I would let them earn a bit of interest then tried again and I was told no reapply for something else. Smiley Mad

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 3 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Ive received one auto-CLI on my Cap1 secured card (I think it was like $500).  This was about after 10 months of having the card.  I would use frequently and always PIF.  I also made 2 other CLI deposits into the card after my initial deposit.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Creditaddict may I get this info also? Thanks.
Samsung mobile
Message 5 of 8
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

we have talked to the EO about a PC, they didnt do it, they said Cap1 no longer product changes a secured card to QS card. They told us to apply as well, better half wasnt excited about it, I would have told her to get BOA or another secured card that is OK PC to a rewards card. We forgot to ask for a CLI tho

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 6 of 8
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Thats good too know. I heard boa secured is a little bit harder to get than cap 1 my reason for applying for cap 1 first.
Samsung mobile
Message 7 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I make two years on my secured cap1 card in June.  I will call in May for a PC and if they dont then the card will be cancelled.  I will not submit another triple pull for a cap1 product.  I appreciate them extending credit to me during the rebuild but if they dont want to grow with me then I'll stick to the ones that will.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.