Regular Contributor
mgs2010

does capital one combine cards?

I swear, Capital One used to offer the option to combine 2 cards into 1 and move the credit limit from one card over to the other. Is that no longer the case? I called one main customer care line and was told that there isn't such an option. So, I called a backdoor number and was told they don't do that. Am I wording it incorrectly? Anyone else have any luck with them?

pizzadude

Re: does capital one combine cards?

No, as far as I know they do not offer this option.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Established Contributor
SwiftTone

pizzadude wrote:

No, as far as I know they do not offer this option.  

This is my understanding also. I tried about a year ago, and was told there was no such thing.

BCE: $0/$11,200, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$5000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$10,000, Citi Dividend: $400/$2000

EQ FICO - 742
TU FICO - 730
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Valued Member
tashia729

mgs2010 wrote:

I swear, Capital One used to offer the option to combine 2 cards into 1 and move the credit limit from one card over to the other. Is that no longer the case? I called one main customer care line and was told that there isn't such an option. So, I called a backdoor number and was told they don't do that. Am I wording it incorrectly? Anyone else have any luck with them?

Your are correct, this was a service that they used to offer.  I did it once several years ago with 2 cards, and my husband did the same as well.  I remember they even asked me which card I wanted to keep in the process.  I recently inquired about it a month ago (have since opened 2 Cap One accts in the past 2 yrs.) and was told that they don't do this anymore.  Not sure how knowledgeable the CSR was that I talked with, but I decided not to pursue it any further since I am trying to step away from the app spree.  Hope this helps!

Frequent Contributor
hedgeclipper2

They say no and most blame it on the CARD act.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Priceline Visa Signature
New Contributor
SlabOfBacon

They do not. And this is why I have two Capital One cards. I was told by a CSR to apply for a second one and they could combine them for a higher limit. i did it, got the 2nd card, and a few months later I tried to combine them. "We're sorry, we no longer combine products."

gak. and that's the story of why SlabOfBacon has two Capital One cards. One with a $750 limit, the other at $1250 ... and that is probably where they will sit until the end of time...

Creditkeeper 6/12
TU: 678
EQ: 665
EX: 673
Walmart FICO: 680 (6/12)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+