Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does capital one combine cards?

tag
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

does capital one combine cards?

I swear, Capital One used to offer the option to combine 2 cards into 1 and move the credit limit from one card over to the other. Is that no longer the case? I called one main customer care line and was told that there isn't such an option. So, I called a backdoor number and was told they don't do that. Am I wording it incorrectly? Anyone else have any luck with them?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: does capital one combine cards?

No, as far as I know they do not offer this option.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

No, as far as I know they do not offer this option.  

This is my understanding also. I tried about a year ago, and was told there was no such thing.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 6
tashia729
Valued Member

@mgs2010 wrote:

I swear, Capital One used to offer the option to combine 2 cards into 1 and move the credit limit from one card over to the other. Is that no longer the case? I called one main customer care line and was told that there isn't such an option. So, I called a backdoor number and was told they don't do that. Am I wording it incorrectly? Anyone else have any luck with them?

Your are correct, this was a service that they used to offer.  I did it once several years ago with 2 cards, and my husband did the same as well.  I remember they even asked me which card I wanted to keep in the process.  I recently inquired about it a month ago (have since opened 2 Cap One accts in the past 2 yrs.) and was told that they don't do this anymore.  Not sure how knowledgeable the CSR was that I talked with, but I decided not to pursue it any further since I am trying to step away from the app spree.  Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 6
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

They say no and most blame it on the CARD act.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do not. And this is why I have two Capital One cards. I was told by a CSR to apply for a second one and they could combine them for a higher limit. i did it, got the 2nd card, and a few months later I tried to combine them. "We're sorry, we no longer combine products."

gak. and that's the story of why SlabOfBacon has two Capital One cards. One with a $750 limit, the other at $1250 ... and that is probably where they will sit until the end of time...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.