Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does citi still allow product changes?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

does citi still allow product changes?

I have a AA card with citi I plan to close, do they allow product changes to a different card or do I need to close it. I am closing due to the AF. I called their customer service but the foreign rep did not understand.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: does citi still allow product changes?

I have product changed with them pretty easily with a phone call.
Message 2 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Yes, call back and try again. Are you going for the Double Cash 1+1=2% cash back card?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 7
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

OK here's what you do

Call the number on the back of the card, when you finally get a rep, you tell them you want to speak with a representative located in the US, or 

"Give me US Based Customer service please"

They will say "whats this regarding ect ect" 

Tell them you want to "Product change, and to please transfer you"

They will say "Hold please"  

Then they will transfer you to one of the call centers in the US.

Remember your time zones in relation to the EST route.  

That's it then you will be connected to US Based rep and you can go forward with your REQ.

Yes they will PC, My understanding last time I did a PC (July) was everything EXCEPT SIMPLICITY can be PC'd.

Good Luck

Message 4 of 7
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

They were willing to drop me down to the regular AA card but not to any other line, so I chose to close it. Not a big loss.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 5 of 7
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@revvystoke wrote:

I have a AA card with citi I plan to close, do they allow product changes to a different card or do I need to close it. I am closing due to the AF. I called their customer service but the foreign rep did not understand.

how old is the account?  They may make you keep the card for 1 year before it is eligible for a PC.

Message 6 of 7
CreditJim
Established Contributor

They also would not let me PC my AA Plat to Double Cash. Said it was not showing as available to PC to anything else.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.