Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does credit one report autorized users?

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

does credit one report autorized users?

I just made my better half one.  Does it report on her CR. Does she need to use it? Do I need to activate it? I've had it 4 years, with payments on time and paidoff. 

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: does credit one report autorized users?

sub prime credit cards like credit one can do more harm than good, since prime lenders gets a glimpse of how bad your credit probably was. I know for a fact that Amex hates First Premier for this reason. Regardless just get secured cards, but if she needs a step up add her on if it reports or not then after her scores get better remove it.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 15
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Wellihope it helps her. She has 630 an im at 689, with 9years of history, she has one year. 

Message 3 of 15
distantarray
Established Contributor

@ac921ol wrote:

Wellihope it helps her. She has 630 an im at 689, with 9years of history, she has one year. 

it should help her fico score definately if they do report it, unfortunately it could hurt her chances of getting prime cards when she establishes better scores. It'll be hit or miss. with 1 year of history 630 is pretty low, is that an actual fico? cause there are millions of fake scores on the internet that no one uses.

credit scores should start around mid 600's  now lower. did she miss a few payments ?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 15
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@ac921ol wrote:

it should help her fico score definately if they do report it, unfortunately it could hurt her chances of getting prime cards when she establishes better scores. It'll be hit or miss. with 1 year of history 630 is pretty low, is that an actual fico? cause there are millions of fake scores on the internet that no one uses.

credit scores should start around mid 600's  now lower. did she miss a few payments ?

She claimed BK 3years ago. Also does it need to be activated? 

Message 5 of 15
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

So do I need to activate her AU card? Or do I need to activate it and use it so it reports on her CR

Message 6 of 15
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

sub prime credit cards like credit one can do more harm than good, since prime lenders gets a glimpse of how bad your credit probably was. I know for a fact that Amex hates First Premier for this reason. Regardless just get secured cards, but if she needs a step up add her on if it reports or not then after her scores get better remove it.

+1 i got to hold on to my Credit one for another 6 months then call in and cancel.......Just to make up some history...they horrible they charge you interest on purchase from  day 1 .

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 15
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

They don't ask for a social for an authorized user, do they?  They may not report.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 8 of 15
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@kimmiller112 wrote:

They don't ask for a social for an authorized user, do they?  They may not report.

Usually prime card doesnt need to ask for your social. They have some system would identiy who you are .........i know Discover does that.......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 15
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Yeah. I only have CapOne credone and GE/crb 4 years of history with both and 3 years with GE. But I'm looking to help her score out so I'm hoping it reports for her. I'm waiting for my score to get in the 700+ then apply for a Amex BCE, I'm at 689 now.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.