cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does the macys store card not report credit limits?

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

does the macys store card not report credit limits?

i just checked my equifax report and theres nothing that says the credit limit. is this a mistake or do they never report limits?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Re: does the macys store card not report credit limits?

Hi, Macy no longer report credit limit anymore. They start not reportng credit limits early this year. There was a thread regarding macys not reportng credit limts.

Message 2 of 9
johnpalley
Established Contributor

what about the visa? same thing?  what the hells wrong with these companies, dont they know they will have less customers because of this. 

Message 3 of 9
tray
Valued Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

what about the visa? same thing?  what the hells wrong with these companies, dont they know they will have less customers because of this. 

When the reporting first stopped alot of people were pissed off including myself as with no cl reporting it will not help with utilization especially I have a large credit limit and I personally never recieved any notification of this issue

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 9
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i just wanna make sure im 100% sure on this. same thing with the visa right?

Message 5 of 9
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

I only have the store card but if i remember both of them do not report anymore.

Message 6 of 9
johnpalley
Established Contributor

wow, unbelievable. my macys card is 11 years old and is my oldest card. i have no use for them as a company anymore. no more charges. im just glad i didnt open a new visa account. thanks elaine

Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

had to go look to verify... Store does not report limit... Visa however still reports CL

Message 8 of 9
johnpalley
Established Contributor

thanks credit addict. why wouldnt they just report it on the store card too? makes no sense. maybe thats gonna end up as a plus for me in the future. i want 3 visa/mastercard with huge credit limits and if macys is my 4th card with a huge cl than one of the other 3 companies might lower my limit thinkin i got too much available funds. could this be a plus in my situation?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.