cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does this mean bofa is giving me another chance?

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Re: does this mean bofa is giving me another chance?

thanks juggal but thats different from my situation

Message 11 of 43
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@johnpalley wrote:

i know nothing is guarenteed but im tryin to get an idea on whats goin on do you think im off bofa's crap list? im guessing if i get a pre approval than chanced are i can most likely get a card again would you guys agree? im just tryin to get an idea on whats goin on in my situation. just lookin for opinions from you guys i know nothin in life is guarenteed 

There are instances in which BOA can give some individuals a second chance, and there other times when this is not the case regardless if you received a pre-approval/pre-selected offer or decided to do a "cold app".  Pre-approval (and any associated forms of pre-screened offers) are typicallym sent by their marketing group which in some instances can either miss the mark with cross-referencing the information that would probably be still available in their databases as far as the CO or if your account was IIB.

The only way you're going to know whether you're still on their balcklist or not is whether you decide to accept the offer and apply, which would mean you're still going to be HP'd.  No person on these forums can predict your chances.

Message 12 of 43
johnpalley
Established Contributor

thats the answer i was lookin for thanks finstar. i got 2 cards that i wanna get after i pay down some debt. only after i get those cards will i apply for the bofa card. doing it like this the hardpull wont matter. appreciate the info

Message 13 of 43
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@johnpalley wrote:

thats the answer i was lookin for thanks finstar. i got 2 cards that i wanna get after i pay down some debt. only after i get those cards will i apply for the bofa card. doing it like this the hardpull wont matter. appreciate the info

Anytime.  Keep in mind, all is not lost with BOA.  If you decide to take any of their offers, and let's assume you may not get approved instantly, then try to see if they can reconsider their decision.  If they do not bring up or mention the previous account then you should be good and you can likely focus on any other items they can bring up.  So, either way, best of luck whenever you decide to take the offer.  It's just difficult to predict situations such as these since we don't know if they still have the previous record active on file or it has been purged.

Message 14 of 43
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i hear you. tell you the truth im only gonna apply if they send me a pre approval offer. those preselected letters are bull crap. now i know there lookin at me i think il eventually get it after i pay off my debt and my score sky rockets. il do like you said and have them re consider if i get rejected. thanks for the help once again

Message 15 of 43
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@johnpalley wrote:

i hear you. tell you the truth im only gonna apply if they send me a pre approval offer. those preselected letters are bull crap. now i know there lookin at me i think il eventually get it after i pay off my debt and my score sky rockets. il do like you said and have them re consider if i get rejected. thanks for the help once again

Sure, and I would imagine since you're on their radar, you will get them again.  Try to get everything optimized for better chances of approval, such as your scores, utilization and try not to apply for anything or open any accounts prior to the BOA application.  This will leverage your chances greatly since you will be able to speak on all the positives in the event they bring up anything that may need improvement.  I'm hoping that you will land with BOA eventually and re-establish your relationship.

Message 16 of 43
johnpalley
Established Contributor

all balances will be near 0 trust me. i know why there lookin at me too. do you know all my cards are maxed out and my score is still 730 lol? in a couple months after i pay everything i gotta be at like 760 minimum. im confident they'l be harrassing me soon lol

Message 17 of 43
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@johnpalley wrote:

all balances will be near 0 trust me. i know why there lookin at me too. do you know all my cards are maxed out and my score is still 730 lol? in a couple months after i pay everything i gotta be at like 760 minimum. im confident they'l be harrassing me soon lol

That's actully not bad for being in the ~730 "good" score range given the factor you've shared.  I would imagine once you retire those balances then your scores will tend to go up.  Hopefully, depending on the timing, you can update this thread in the future so it helps others with your experience.  Best of luck!  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 43
johnpalley
Established Contributor

will do thanks

Message 19 of 43
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i know it means little but i am kind of curious what their card finder tool says

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.