Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duck car declined...with 730ish score

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: duck car declined...with 730ish score

10 months AAoA might be too short for OCCU and it seems they don't care for negs as well.

@waiter wrote:

xerostatus

I totally agree with you. +1. And folks who already got huge CL are about to be CLD or account closures, hmmm

Why do you think the folks who got approved are about to have AA?

Message 11 of 38
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

@waiter wrote:

xerostatus

I totally agree with you. +1. And folks who already got huge CL are about to be CLD or account closures, hmmm

Eeep. =X

I hope not. I've grown mighty attached to my 12k limit in the last week or so.

Message 12 of 38
Jchuthemyth
Valued Member

Yeah.. I think too many people applied for it.

Btw, in my case, I have no negative at all. The lady told me the reasons were high inquiry and high balance. If they denied me due to my aoaa, she would have tell me, right?

I will wait for the letter and hopefully there's a number for recon on the letter.
After years of spending cash, I wanna build some credit
Message 13 of 38
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Jchuthemyth wrote:
Yeah.. I think too many people applied for it.

Btw, in my case, I have no negative at all. The lady told me the reasons were high inquiry and high balance. If they denied me due to my aoaa, she would have tell me, right?

I will wait for the letter and hopefully there's a number for recon on the letter.

I'm not sure I've ever seen/heard denial for AAoA, but I've never found front line CSRs to disclose the "real" reason.  Sorry for the denial.

Message 14 of 38
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

After pondering it for a few weeks, I was just about to pull the trigger on either the Duck or Beaver card this evening. Do you all really think the well may have run dry?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 15 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Every profile is different. Having a thin file with high inquiries will cause a denial for some/most lenders.

Whether others choose to app for this card, they should base it on their need and their credit profile-not others.
Message 16 of 38
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Jchuthemyth wrote:

I applied last week and i did my address and 2 tradelines verification with them last week as well. I called in today to check my app status, she said I was declined due to the following reason :

1.Too many inquiries in last 12 months.
I have only 4 inquiries in a year, with 2 inquiries almost hit 1 year mark, is 4 considered too many? I really don't think so.   Four INQs within a year would seem excessive for quite a few lenders, especially as they're all still having an effect on your score.
2. High balance on account.
This is the funniest part, my balance is 66 in total. Yes, sixty six dollar, no typo. My total credit was 8000.  What about baddies?  Do you have any COs?  If so, those would still affect your UTIL

They messed up my app with other person?

Is there any phone line for recon? Hopefully someone knows coz I know most people get approved so far. My score is 730ish

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 17 of 38
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I know it's just speculation, but just wondering if it's like someone posted on this thread earlier that they got suspicious about the sudden "run" on the card and decided to "tighten up" so to speak-on qualifications to get it? I think it's highly possible that may have happened b/c just from the score and stats LISTED, I didn't see a reason for OP to be denied either.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 18 of 38
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

After pondering it for a few weeks, I was just about to pull the trigger on either the Duck or Beaver card this evening. Do you all really think the well may have run dry?

I don't think the well has run dry. Nor do I think they're going to suddenly CLD or AA new accts. That's perpetuating unsubstantiated fear.

I have reviewed my thread in depth, and it does look like a lot of the people who got big CLs in the beginning had good credit, high FICO, low util, etc. to begin with. So, while OCCC may give higher CLs than some major CCs tend to do, and they may have more lenient standards, the people getting those huge CLs had excellent credit to begin with.

As the Duck Fever spread, more people with less-than-great credit began apping in the hopes of getting some Duck love. That's when things shifted. Those people were getting more of the 7 to 10 day messages and also getting lower CLs, and a couple of people got outright denials.

OCCC may be wondering why the sudden increase in apps, and at some point they may close the door, like PSECU did. I do suppose they may be tightening their standards a bit given the apps that have been approved in the last few weeks because they are a smaller CU (unlike Navy, for example).

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 19 of 38
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Every profile is different. Having a thin file with high inquiries will cause a denial for some/most lenders.

Whether others choose to app for this card, they should base it on their need and their credit profile-not others.

+1   OCCU seems to like some history and clean profiles, looking at the thread.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.