Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

eBay Mastercard and credit cards as of late...

Is it just me or are banks getting out of control with the credit crunch.
You carry high balance and you pay min. you run the risk of rate jack and cld
you pay large amounts and you run the risk of extended hold times and account freezes to make sure your money is good, even though the funds are coming electronically!

ebay not only is holding my $1000 payment from LAST WEEK, but they $0 available credit for ANY charges to be approved at this time.
to top it off, ebay Mastercard is GE backed and there call center is in India (atleast not us!)

they are the ones that said they would not approve a cli becuase i had not shown enough experience with current cl, that's funny because I have a 2k limit and put $3200 through it last month alone and currently has a balance of $0 (how is that not showing experience) account is almost year old too.
total charges to date ($9300) 1 increase from 1500-2k after originally declining the increase.

starting to question if the rewards are nearly as good as my amex for my ebay purchases.
Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: eBay Mastercard and credit cards as of late...

I'm not a fan of GEMB for these very reasons. :smileysad:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: eBay Mastercard and credit cards as of late...

Yep- no open GEMB account in my household either.

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm not a fan of GEMB for these very reasons. :smileysad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+