Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easiest card to get

tag
Nightfallx
New Contributor

easiest card to get

my girlfriend is 19 years old and is unable to get a card, she has applied at the following

discover

target store card

chase

capital one

she has no credit, so what is a good card that will most likely approve?

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bbb925
Regular Contributor

Re: easiest card to get

WFNNB banks usually grant pre-approvals  when you create an online account with the store. In example go to victoriassecret.com,  create a new account, enter your name, DOB, billing and shipping address, email and password, then put something in your shopping cart, proceed to check-out and a pop up will appear if you are pre-approved. You can accept  or decline the pop up. Once you accept and are approved you don't have to actually purchase anything, you just sign out and will get your card in 10 days per their message to me. If you don't get the pop up, you would have to apply and get a hard inquiry which I'm not sure she would qualify at that point.

I just did that with Victoria's Secret, Express and lastly Pac Sun in that order. I accepted all three pre-approved offers. With that being said I just read a bunch of negative info on the internet about this bank and have posted a new message about people's experience with them as a couple posters stipulated they had nothing but problems. Look for my thread titled Feeling freaked by WFNNB backed cards...by user bbb925 and see what people say so you can judge for yourself. Would like to know what you decide if you don't mind reposting. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nightfallx wrote:

my girlfriend is 19 years old and is unable to get a card, she has applied at the following

discover  

target store card

chase

capital one

she has no credit, so what is a good card that will most likely approve?

1. What type of credit card did she applied?  Non-secured?  Secured?  Student card?
  2. Is she is a college student?  
  3. Does she have a job?  
  4. Does she have a banking account with any credit union?
  5. Does her family members/relatives are member of any credit union?
  6. Does she know her credit score is?

She may better off with open the banking account with credit union, then app for their credit card.

The other choice is ask her parents to add her as AU on their ccs.  *Make sure those cards are in good standing and report AU acct.

Also, request the credit report through annualcreditreport.com (it is free) or here at FICO to find out her current credit history/status. 

Message 3 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Capital One secured card.

Message 4 of 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

1 CREDIT UNION

2.AU on parents' cards (or yours)

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 7
Nightfallx
New Contributor

if i made her an authorized user could i set a limit on it?

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 6 of 7
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Yes, you don't even need to give it to her, when you get the card activate it and just put it away.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.