Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easy card to get approved for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

easy card to get approved for?

Hello forum I'm new hear Just want to know a card that is not so hard to get approved for. Like a Visaor/MC..I have a couple collections my scores are EQ665 TU657 and EX660..I was already approved for capital one quick silver and credit one and a Kohls card any help would be appreciated Thanks..

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: easy card to get approved for?

Welcome to the forum!  I've moved your thread to the credit cards board and you should get a lot of advice.  How old are the collections and are they paid?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working on paying them they are from 2013 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello forum I'm new hear Just want to know a card that is not so hard to get approved for. Like a Visaor/MC..I have a couple collections my scores are EQ665 TU657 and EX660..I was already approved for capital one quick silver and credit one and a Kohls card any help would be appreciated Thanks..

OP, welcome to the forum. As you will soon see we are here to give advice when needed or asked for. Please remember that when we answer your questions we are doing so based on past experiences and/or opinions so keep an open mind.

To best answer your questions we need to know more information. You already gave your scores, were those scores from here or another place, if another place please let us know where. In addition, what does your overall credit file look like:

- Average Age of Accounts

-Total Credit line

- Utilization

- How many collections and how much

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to the whole credit world..I know its six colections totaling about 600 dollars..the scores I got from equfax website..and I dont have any credit card debt i just got aproved for the 3 cards i mentioned and just wanted to see if i could get another credit card with a higher limit or should i wait?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the information you have provided, I would not apply for any new cards for a while. Use the cards that you were already approved for, pay them off, rinse and repeat a few times. This will show some positive history on your files, which is what you need right now.

In addition, since you have the negatives, call them and see if you can do a pay for delete. If you can get those removed it would help greatly.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^ Agree with the PFD advice. But if they won't agree to a PFD, you should still pay them off. It's the responsible thing to do.

I would say just from the angle of proper credit stewardship and financial responsibility, that applying for credit cards while you still owe creditors money is a bad idea. Settle up your debts first, THEN look for more credit. It is very easy to use credit irresponsibly and get into trouble down the line.

With that said, Cap1 is usually my go-to in these situations, and it sounds like you have their card which is a nice move. I'd pay off the collections, garden for some time, watch your scores increase, then re-evaluate.

Message 7 of 12
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new to the whole credit world..I know its six colections totaling about 600 dollars..the scores I got from equfax website..and I dont have any credit card debt i just got aproved for the 3 cards i mentioned and just wanted to see if i could get another credit card with a higher limit or should i wait?

I'd say hold off.  You've got the first 3 (which is the magic number for letting one report monthly with other 2 at 0), you'll start to accrue the payment history and work on a new AAoA.  I wouldn't try for any others because you'll reap toy limits or declines and the inquiries and new credit will drop your scores lower whilst still having 6 collections reporting on your CRA's.  

Next would be hiting the rebuilding forum and seeing if you can get any PFD's on removing the collections.  If you can, awesome!  If you can't then just let the good history you're building start to offset the baddies on your report.  Toy limits often beget toy limits or subprime can beget subprime.  Whereas moving those scores up higher and having positives combatting negatives can give you the complete opposite.  Good luck!

Message 8 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Great advice so far. I concur that with 6 collections your time might be better spent trying to goodwill those accts. From my own experience, one of those potential victories far outweighs any card approval hands down. It will do wonders for your CR and YOU will be able to choose the cards you want and find useful.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't apply for credit unless you need it. Having a lot of credit cards is nothing to be proud of. I don't think you'll see a customer walk in a store with an album loaded with credit cards and wonder to himself which card he's going to use. I would be amused if I saw that.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.