Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

economy effects capital one?

tag
leogirl88
Valued Member

Re: economy effects capital one?

Los angeles. It will let me type los angeles in but as soon as i pull down to click on CA. It says that message.. Kinda Sucks.

Message 31 of 47
MattH
Senior Contributor

@leogirl88 wrote:

Los angeles. It will let me type los angeles in but as soon as i pull down to click on CA. It says that message.. Kinda Sucks.

Los Angeles County ranks about number 18 in the nation by foreclosures and short sales as a percent of all transactions in the year 2008.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 32 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I live in AZ, does this mean we are screwed really bad, seeing as how we are 3 on that list... Smiley Sad This means no CLI's for me in the near to distant future Smiley Sad
Message 33 of 47
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow, I live in AZ, does this mean we are screwed really bad, seeing as how we are 3 on that list... Smiley Sad This means no CLI's for me in the near to distant future Smiley Sad

I'm in Arizona, and I received a customer-requested CLI around the third week of last month.
Message 34 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got the "No more products for your area" thingie awhile back. We were apping under our OLD addy, then realized it was wrong and changed out to our new addy (a single digit different in the ZIP code) and didn't get that message.

A week later, DH's shiny new Cap One card popped up in the mail.

(Oh, BTW, we're in one of the hardest hit states for foreclosures: Florida)
Message 35 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should also add that DH got a credit steps increase from $1K to $1500 'round 1/15 and got a brand new $1500 CL Cap One card 'round 1/18.

We were originally going to combine the two, but I read in another post that if we do that, we no longer qualify for "Credit Steps." I'll take a "guaranteed" CLI anyday!
Message 36 of 47
almost_there
Regular Contributor

How are people getting a second Cap One card? Is it worth it to apply for a second one or is this s pecial offer you get after having the first card for a certain amount of time?
11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 37 of 47
Equinox
New Contributor

I haven't received a CLI from Capital One in the two years I've had their card. It's been stuck at 500 bucks, I applied for another one last May, and got approved for 750. Two C1 cards, 500, 750, never given a CLI even through the backdoor.

I don't use them seeing as how I have cards with much much higher limits.

Message 38 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had Capital One for 6 years now.

Never late.

Never over limit.

Today, I received the following notice:

"Due to extraordinary changes in the economic environment, we're reviewing our existing credit card accounts.  Having considered these economic conditions, your account's current Purchase rate, and the length of time you've had this rate and account, we will be increasing your Purcahse rate.  We're also raising your Cash Advance Rates.

My rate is going from 10.4% to 22.9% - effective last week.

Called around to friends and family that have C1 and they have also gotten the notice.

We have all canceled our cards with them.

Message 39 of 47
doood71
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had Capital One for 3 years now.

Never late.

Never over limit.

Today, I received the following notice:

"Due to extraordinary changes in the economic environment, we're reviewing our existing credit card accounts.  Having considered these economic conditions, your account's current Purchase rate, and the length of time you've had this rate and account, we will be increasing your Purchase rate.  We're also raising your Cash Advance Rates. I received this same letter today.  I haven't used the card in months though Smiley Sad

My rate is going from 10.4% to 17.9%

This is really sad...

Message Edited by doood71 on 02-09-2009 07:01 PM
2/15/2011 TU: 773 ~ EQ: 780
8/15/2011 TU: 766 ~ EQ: 783 ~ EX: 753 (psecu)
Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.