Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equifax score shows as unrated, in my credit monitor

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

equifax score shows as unrated, in my credit monitor

hello, my credit monitor (bank of america privacy assist) is currently showing my Equifax score as unrated, and the whole file doesn't seem to be available for browsing.

Is this cause for alarm? Is this a wrench in my credit portfolio?

I find it difficult to judge the consequences of this, and what the remedies are

any insight appreciated

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Re: equifax score shows as unrated, in my credit monitor

Request your free credit report by writing to them or going to annaulcreditreport.com
check your credit report and dispute any info incorrect or missing

i'm kinda in a bind myself with TU (It seems they have a split file for mine ) one with my former name and one with my new name

but anyways you can always contact EQ and discuss your issue and see if they will be give you advice on what to do.

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 2 of 12
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

Request your free credit report by writing to them or going to annaulcreditreport.com
check your credit report and dispute any info incorrect or missing

i'm kinda in a bind myself with TU (It seems they have a split file for mine ) one with my former name and one with my new name

but anyways you can always contact EQ and discuss your issue and see if they will be give you advice on what to do.

yes, but quickest easiest and most effective way to contact them?

I don't want to end up talking to some south american call center that can't do anything, thats how they sensationalized it on 60 minutes. 

Message 3 of 12
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

annualcreditreport.com
pull your Credit report and look it over carefully (they do not give you fico score) and then find instructions to dispute incorrect info
but missing information you may have to email or call

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 4 of 12
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

annualcreditreport.com
pull your Credit report and look it over carefully (they do not give you fico score) and then find instructions to dispute incorrect info
but missing information you may have to email or call

UH OH, so I did this, Equifax's verifications in the multiple choice section, to determine my identity, asked me all the wrong questions. Asked about an home-loan opened in 2011, and all the other multiple choice questions were all about that, so I couldn't successfully chose "none of the above" on all four questions. 

Guess I got a problem. So I have to do a mail-in request, via snail mail, and printed documents.

My Bank of America privacy assist didn't notice this, it just decided to turn off Equifax's reporting since it didn't make sense anymore.... so I am assuming that Equifax's system got me confused with someone else, because new credit hasn't been opened or charged on my accounts, there is just the fact that their system thinks I have something I don't. A discrepancy as you put it.

Damn that was my highest credit score too, but only because nobody ever pulled it! So that aspect might be a good thing, if I can't get this resolved quickly, because everyone will pull experian and not notice!

Message 5 of 12
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

bump

Message 6 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You will have to provide the needed proof of identity to receive those reports by mail.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 12
YahComb
Established Contributor

Might want to call equifax. I had a problem pulling my eq for 7 months, turned out they had my name address etc but had no SSN. Couldnt see it from 3rd party triple pullers either. Had to fax it in
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 8 of 12
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

yes, equifax has detailed the entire procedure

@Shogun wrote:

You will have to provide the needed proof of identity to receive those reports by mail.

but this already seems like it will be time consuming since I fully expect to see discrepancies when I finally receive the report, so how can I skip this part and go straight to solving the discrepancies?

Message 9 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Providing the identity documents will be your only remedy. You might be able to fax them but when this happened to me it was by mail only. They are pretty quick in getting your report to you.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.