Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exp report frozen permanetly removed question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

exp report frozen permanetly removed question

They say up to three business days? I just called to get it permanently removed please tell me its instant and it doesnt take 3 days! I am applying for a mortgage!!! They are stalled right now because that report is frozen. Input or experiences?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: exp report frozen permanetly removed question

bump... this is a fairly simple question, noone knows?

Message 2 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Sadly, most people here don't work for Experian, so most people cannot comment on how Experian works.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i realize that but people are freezing and unfreezing constantly on here to let people pull their credit ... someone has to know

Message 4 of 7
clownfico
Valued Member

IME, if you elect an unfreeze online, Experian states your report will be available within 15mins. I recently had my report unfrozen for an Amex app pull. I cant comment to a written or fax request. 

Perhaps alternative would be "PIN" access option for the requester of your file to cover your bases.

Message 5 of 7
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

I temporarily "unfroze" my Experian last month for Citi to pull my credit, and it was available to be pulled by the time I called the rep back.  Maybe 5 minutes, tops.

I did do this online and used my pin #, so I'm not sure what the timeframe would be if you called in, as in your case.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you. anyone have experience with calling to use your pin

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.