Contributor
CyndibemyLOVE

experience re-opening an wfnnb account????

[ Edited ]

I had applied for a Reeds Jewlers card online and received my asking $2200 cl. I was given $700 with the online approval but when i called the lady asked what amount i wanted and i said $2200 and she said done. Well I ended up geting something at kay's instead so before the new account with Reeds showed up on my report I closed it over the phone and acording to the message after closing the account it said that i can reopen just by calling or showing a photo id at the store.

Has anyone re-opened an account with WFNNB and if so did they give you the same account or a new and what about the credit line?

The only reason i closed it is because i have not opened an account in over a year except for Kay Jewelers so i was worried that i would have had a score drop with more than one new account. my Utli was 24% before adding the Kay account and if I open the reeds back up i would be arounf 15% utli.

Would this be wise to open for the utli. drop? How bad does new accounts hurt? i have an AVG. of 2yrs and an oldest of 9yrs.
Message Edited by CyndibemyLOVE on 03-14-2009 09:25 PM
Contributor
CyndibemyLOVE

Re: experience re-opening an wfnnb account????

A
Regular Contributor
CHARGE_IT

Hello out there.

C

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

sounds like a good idea to re-open then.

I did it once with an Express account, same as before 

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Contributor
CyndibemyLOVE

LOL the A was supposed to be bump. Dont ask questions....

Thans for the advise Credit.... Anyone elese have any info on the re-opening of WFNNB accounts.

Regular Contributor
rebuilder

CyndibemyLOVE wrote:

Thans for the advise Credit.... Anyone elese have any info on the re-opening of WFNNB accounts.

I was able to reopen an VS account with WFNNB that I had called and "closed" a few years before.  I saw that it was still showing open on my CR, called and they mailed me out a new CC.  I have the original history and CL.  Can't say if you'd have the same luck if it shows "closed" on your CR, but it is certainly worth a try.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}