cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

experience re-opening an wfnnb account????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

experience re-opening an wfnnb account????

I had applied for a Reeds Jewlers card online and received my asking $2200 cl. I was given $700 with the online approval but when i called the lady asked what amount i wanted and i said $2200 and she said done. Well I ended up geting something at kay's instead so before the new account with Reeds showed up on my report I closed it over the phone and acording to the message after closing the account it said that i can reopen just by calling or showing a photo id at the store.

Has anyone re-opened an account with WFNNB and if so did they give you the same account or a new and what about the credit line?

The only reason i closed it is because i have not opened an account in over a year except for Kay Jewelers so i was worried that i would have had a score drop with more than one new account. my Utli was 24% before adding the Kay account and if I open the reeds back up i would be arounf 15% utli.

Would this be wise to open for the utli. drop? How bad does new accounts hurt? i have an AVG. of 2yrs and an oldest of 9yrs.
Message Edited by CyndibemyLOVE on 03-14-2009 09:25 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: experience re-opening an wfnnb account????

A
Message 2 of 6
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

Hello out there.

C

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

sounds like a good idea to re-open then.

I did it once with an Express account, same as before 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL the A was supposed to be bump. Dont ask questions....

Thans for the advise Credit.... Anyone elese have any info on the re-opening of WFNNB accounts.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thans for the advise Credit.... Anyone elese have any info on the re-opening of WFNNB accounts.

I was able to reopen an VS account with WFNNB that I had called and "closed" a few years before.  I saw that it was still showing open on my CR, called and they mailed me out a new CC.  I have the original history and CL.  Can't say if you'd have the same luck if it shows "closed" on your CR, but it is certainly worth a try.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.