Reply
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: feel insulted by amex, should i call them?

Golden Rules of myFICO forums:

 

1.) NEVER say you feel insulted by anything AMEX.

 

-Any questions, refer back to rule #1. :smileywink:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
chnceit
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: feel insulted by amex, should i call them?


LS2982 wrote:

Golden Rules of myFICO forums:

 

1.) NEVER say you feel insulted by anything AMEX.

 

-Any questions, refer back to rule #1. :smileywink:


LOL... because there are very LOYAL AMEX members here :smileywink:


$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: feel insulted by amex, should i call them?


chnceit wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Golden Rules of myFICO forums:

 

1.) NEVER say you feel insulted by anything AMEX.

 

-Any questions, refer back to rule #1. :smileywink:


LOL... because there are very LOYAL AMEX members here :smileywink:


This guy gets it! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :smileyhappy:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Super Contributor
longtimelurker
Posts: 7,323
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: feel insulted by amex, should i call them?

Yes, best thing to do is to substitute Barclays for Amex, and everyone will be sympathetic!  

 

I noticed this soon after I joined:  American Express has every right to FR, CLD, etc you, because you are asking for unsecured loans and Amex has a perfect right and duty to make sure blah blah blah, and if you don't like it, you probably did something wrong and it serves you right.  Exactly the same story about Barclays, e.g closing after too many new accounts, you hear: what a joke of a bank, they just don't get it, complain etc.

 

Now it may well be the case that Amex is worth putting up with for other reasons, but I did find it funny that the same behavior is viewed so differently.

CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS (x2), Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi Double Cash, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus, Fid Amex, NASA Plat Cash
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 848 (Sep)
Established Member
dds2be
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎07-21-2013
0

Re: feel insulted by amex, should i call them?

Lol, interesting responses from everyone! I guess u guys are right, no sense in calling about a little 2% apr reduction. Was just curious if anyone had ever succeeded at doing it when the account was new. My citi and bofa cards are 10.99 and are always offering me 0 interest on balance transfers anyways. I just like to use amex for everything and even though I don't plan on carrying a balance with them because it is a rewards card and not ideal at all, I'd just like to have the option for the lowest apr if I ever had to carry one , cuz I want those points lol. I guess I was just annoyed cuz When i saw that my fico was 776 when i applied this week, i thought i would have surely qualified me for the lowest , and my current history with the TE amex. I've just always qualified for the lowest apr on all my accounts. No biggie! It's more of a i want not i need. Thanks for all the feedback, didnt mean to stir up any arguments.
bofa cash rewards visa signature:8000
citi forward visa signature:9400
amex TE costco:5100 amex spg: 5000 macys amex: 6000
care credit :12,000 express: 3200 dillards : 5000
amex prg :npsl
CSP: 12,000
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: feel insulted by amex, should i call them?


dds2be wrote:
Lol, interesting responses from everyone! I guess u guys are right, no sense in calling about a little 2% apr reduction. Was just curious if anyone had ever succeeded at doing it when the account was new. My citi and bofa cards are 10.99 and are always offering me 0 interest on balance transfers anyways. I just like to use amex for everything and even though I don't plan on carrying a balance with them because it is a rewards card and not ideal at all, I'd just like to have the option for the lowest apr if I ever had to carry one , cuz I want those points lol. I guess I was just annoyed cuz When i saw that my fico was 776 when i applied this week, i thought i would have surely qualified me for the lowest , and my current history with the TE amex. I've just always qualified for the lowest apr on all my accounts. No biggie! It's more of a i want not i need. Thanks for all the feedback, didnt mean to stir up any arguments.

The OP made their first thread/post  and waited for it to pop off then responded........................hilarious!!!! :smileyvery-happy:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 26,026
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: feel insulted by amex, should i call them?

I love a lively debate and thank you for posting this question. I don't think you shouldn't call, I just think the odds of them saying no is high. I would definitely suggest laying back and calling right before your promo ends. :smileywink:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}