cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feel insulted by amex, should i call them?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: feel insulted by amex, should i call them?

Golden Rules of myFICO forums:

1.) NEVER say you feel insulted by anything AMEX.

-Any questions, refer back to rule #1. Smiley Wink

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 41 of 47
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

LOL... because there are very LOYAL AMEX members here Smiley Wink

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 42 of 47
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

LOL... because there are very LOYAL AMEX members here Smiley Wink

This guy gets it! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 43 of 47
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, best thing to do is to substitute Barclays for Amex, and everyone will be sympathetic!  

I noticed this soon after I joined:  American Express has every right to FR, CLD, etc you, because you are asking for unsecured loans and Amex has a perfect right and duty to make sure blah blah blah, and if you don't like it, you probably did something wrong and it serves you right.  Exactly the same story about Barclays, e.g closing after too many new accounts, you hear: what a joke of a bank, they just don't get it, complain etc.

Now it may well be the case that Amex is worth putting up with for other reasons, but I did find it funny that the same behavior is viewed so differently.

Message 44 of 47
dds2be
Valued Member

Lol, interesting responses from everyone! I guess u guys are right, no sense in calling about a little 2% apr reduction. Was just curious if anyone had ever succeeded at doing it when the account was new. My citi and bofa cards are 10.99 and are always offering me 0 interest on balance transfers anyways. I just like to use amex for everything and even though I don't plan on carrying a balance with them because it is a rewards card and not ideal at all, I'd just like to have the option for the lowest apr if I ever had to carry one , cuz I want those points lol. I guess I was just annoyed cuz When i saw that my fico was 776 when i applied this week, i thought i would have surely qualified me for the lowest , and my current history with the TE amex. I've just always qualified for the lowest apr on all my accounts. No biggie! It's more of a i want not i need. Thanks for all the feedback, didnt mean to stir up any arguments.
Age 28
BOFA Cash Rewards:25k
Citi Premier :16.7k
Citi Costco Visa:19.2k
Amex SPG: 30k
Macy's: 20k
care credit :15k Express: 3.2k Dillards : 5k
Amex Platinum :NPSL
CSP: 15k
Chase Marriot: 25K
Chase Freedom 15k
Capital One Venture 30k

Fico Scores as of 10/2018: EX: 772, EQ: 782 TU: 778
Message 45 of 47
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dds2be wrote:
Lol, interesting responses from everyone! I guess u guys are right, no sense in calling about a little 2% apr reduction. Was just curious if anyone had ever succeeded at doing it when the account was new. My citi and bofa cards are 10.99 and are always offering me 0 interest on balance transfers anyways. I just like to use amex for everything and even though I don't plan on carrying a balance with them because it is a rewards card and not ideal at all, I'd just like to have the option for the lowest apr if I ever had to carry one , cuz I want those points lol. I guess I was just annoyed cuz When i saw that my fico was 776 when i applied this week, i thought i would have surely qualified me for the lowest , and my current history with the TE amex. I've just always qualified for the lowest apr on all my accounts. No biggie! It's more of a i want not i need. Thanks for all the feedback, didnt mean to stir up any arguments.

The OP made their first thread/post  and waited for it to pop off then responded........................hilarious!!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 46 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I love a lively debate and thank you for posting this question. I don't think you shouldn't call, I just think the odds of them saying no is high. I would definitely suggest laying back and calling right before your promo ends. Smiley Wink
Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.