Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fidelity amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fidelity amex

Got approved for the card. Is there a way I can set up the online account before I receive the physical card?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: fidelity amex

@Anonymous wrote:

Got approved for the card. Is there a way I can set up the online account before I receive the physical card?

No, you'll need the card to create your online profile unless you already have a Fidelity CMA or current relationship.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

you sure? because i set mine up online the very night of my approval and that's how i learned my limit...
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
you sure? because i set mine up online the very night of my approval and that's how i learned my limit...

Hmm. How did you do it? and won't I eventually need to sign up for the fidelity CMA or their bank account to redeem my 2% rewards?

Message 4 of 23
crtiller
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm. How did you do it? and won't I eventually need to sign up for the fidelity CMA or their bank account to redeem my 2% rewards?

I think you can only see the account right after approval if you have a Fidelity CMA.  Mine showed up in my account the next day but I've had a CMA for years.

Dec 2014 FICOs - EX 703 EQ 724 TU 720
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, let me be a little more clear. i just got a regular amex revolver lol
Message 6 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@crtiller wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you can only see the account right after approval if you have a Fidelity CMA.  Mine showed up in my account the next day but I've had a CMA for years.

Correct. 

OP, since you don't have the CMA yet (and yes you would need that to redeem your 2% rewards), then you cannot enroll online until you receive the physical card.  Bottom line, 2011XTERROR provided inacurate information (he/she was likely talking about the Centurion-issued AMEX, not the FIA Fidelity AMEX (two totally separate/unrelated things)).  If you notice below, and if you were to click on Enroll now, you would still need the 15-digit account # to begin the online enrollment process:

Fidelity NetAccess Enrollment.jpg

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was talking about the everyday card, hence when i said revolver. sorry for my confusing input!
Message 8 of 23
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
well, let me be a little more clear. i just got a regular amex revolver lol

Not all AmEx cards are issued by AmEx/Centurion Bank.  For the latter you can set up online access before receiving the card but that isn't relevant to the FIA AmEx.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

do i have to set up a fidelity account to redeem my worldpoints or can i just redeem a check without the hassle of an additional fidelity investment account?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.