cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finally approved for Walmart (through backdoor#)!

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

finally approved for Walmart (through backdoor#)!

I am so happy! I am a pretty frequent Walmart shopper and ever since I started repairing & building my credit I wanted this card SOOOO bad. Got denied back in March when my credit was not so great. I didn't know I had to wait 30 days until the next application so whenever I got a negative item deleted or positive account added I would try again, and kept getting 7-10 message that would result in 'application already on file'. Finally on May 31 I tried again and got the same thing, so i called and asked why, and was told I have to wait 30 days before the next app. So I waited until today, I called to make sure it was ok to try again and the lady said yes. So I applied and got the stupid 7-10 day message AGAIN. GRR! I have noticed my inquiries post pretty immediately so I checked Transunion and it was NOT there. So I called the backdoor# and explained everything and just said, is there any way you can PLEASE just get rid of my stupid old apps so I can start fresh and apply? The lady said hold on so she can see what she can do. She came back and said I was approved for $1,000. Finally! Happy with the nice limit too since so many end up starting out with a small one. Just wanted to share since I tried so hard for this card and finally got it, with a nice limit, now I get the monthly TU FICO score, just so happy Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: finally approved for Walmart (through backdoor#)!

Congrats! GE still hates me and I can't even get a wally and I want one really bad.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 8
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Call back later tonight and ask for a CLI! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

My scores were to low when I got my WM card so it didn't work for me but two months will be my 4th statement and ill try again! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

@starry1 wrote:
Congrats! GE still hates me and I can't even get a wally and I want one really bad.

LOL GE hated me until finally last month I started getting approvals from them. They used to deny me for everything Smiley Sad Finally not now which is why I am so happy. They will like you one day I am sure LOL

Message 5 of 8
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I just called to confirm that I was approved since I tried so many times before it was too good to be true LOL. My CL is actually $1,500, not $1,000. Even better! That makes it my highest limit card.

I am not sure if I want to call backdoor again though and ask for more...it is already my highest limit card. Maybe call and ask if I could get $2,000? just that they have no other limit to try to match, so not sure.

Message 6 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Wouldn't hurt asking for more Smiley Happy as long as its a sp. gl! N congrats!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.