cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finally finish Paying off my Bank of america Credit Card!!!!!!!!

tag
josemercedes1986
Valued Member

Re: finally finish Paying off my Bank of america Credit Card!!!!!!!!

the account was closed years ago, it was open just for me to finish paying it off. i ask one representative at bank of america and she told me they were reported to the credit bureau between 40 days 60 days she said i was like DAmmmmm!!!

Message 11 of 16
josemercedes1986
Valued Member

sorry but my credit card closed out years ago, they never let me allow to used it, i just hope now that my credit score goes up!!

Message 12 of 16
Diana56
New Contributor

@NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

Hate to be a downer, but you should keep an eye on your credit limit for the next few days. I paid 80% of my balance on my BofA card, and two days later they "chased the balance" and cut 80% of my credit limit. I've read that this happens to quite a few people. Hopefully not you, but keep an eye out just in case. 

The CL cut shouldn't affect your score itself, but it will affect utilization. This card went from 20% util to 90% util when they did the chop. Smiley Sad So I paid the rest of it off and challenged an error on the CR they said inspired the change. 

What???  Why would they do that?  Why DO they do that???

Capital One: $10,000 - BOA: $1,500 - PayPal: $2,000 - Amazon: $900

Experian: 698 - Equifax: 700 today! YAY!! - TransUnion: 706
Message 13 of 16
josemercedes1986
Valued Member

i don't know but once i started paying it again i got perfect paying every month it was max out for like 3000 dollars and yesterday i ended up doing they last payment of that credit card took a huge weight out of my shoulders.

Message 14 of 16
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@josemercedes1986 wrote:

sorry but my credit card closed out years ago, they never let me allow to used it, i just hope now that my credit score goes up!!

Ah, then they probably won't reduce your available credit. Smiley Happy Congrats on this milestone. Smiley Happy

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 15 of 16
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@Diana56 wrote:

@NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

Hate to be a downer, but you should keep an eye on your credit limit for the next few days. I paid 80% of my balance on my BofA card, and two days later they "chased the balance" and cut 80% of my credit limit. I've read that this happens to quite a few people. Hopefully not you, but keep an eye out just in case. 

What???  Why would they do that?  Why DO they do that???

I have no idea. I got the "financial conditions" letter. Checked the CR they mentioned, saw an account with a 30/60/60 reported 4-6 months after the account was PIF, disputed it with the CRA, should know within two weeks if that got cleaned up properly. 

I guess the only upside is that it was an AR pull (or two of them) so it's soft. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.